I cannot RECEIVE INCOMING Phone calls??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharonmoses
Sophomore

I cannot RECEIVE INCOMING Phone calls??

I cannot receive any incoming phone calls.The last time I had an incoming phone call was on 05/11/2020 - I have a dail tone and CAN make phone calls out.I searched the community board on my subject and found and old thread discussion with a customer who was having the same issue as I am.I followed ALL the trouble shooting suggestions on that thread as the technition advised and nothing worked.When my husband calls me from his work he tells me when he gets home from work that everytime he trys to call he gets message that my number is no longer in service.When my daughter who is at home with me calls my phone number from her smart phone she however gets no message and told me that the call won't even go thru.All my lights on the ATA are the colors they should be EXCEPT the LAN which has no lit light at all.What is going on with my VOIP phone service please??

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Sharon, no, no need to do that, I'll just send you another ATA which will come with a new LAN cable. You won't have to return the old ATA either.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Hi Sharon,

Can you please check if you have a dial tone now?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Liz

Hi Sharon,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I appreciate you telling me what troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, please also link me the thread you were referring to so I can document what you've tried. I've already pulled up your account and have started investigating your case.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.​​​​​​

Thanks,

Liz

Thanks Sharon!

Do you have another LAN cable you can swap out with the one connecting the ATA to the HughesNet modem? If so, see if you can change cables while ensuring that the different cable is secured with a click on both ends. Let me know if that LAN LED comes on and/or if you can receive calls then.

-Liz

Thank You Liz,

And yes I did have an extra yellow cable and I tried that and still no LAN light.I guess it could remotely be possible that both cables are having issues,but I doubt that.I can go to nearest Wal-Mart and buy a totally brand new one but not sure if that will help or not.

Hi Sharon, no, no need to do that, I'll just send you another ATA which will come with a new LAN cable. You won't have to return the old ATA either.

-Liz

Thank You Liz for your help.It is truely appreciated - Kudos

You're welcome! The new ATA should arrive soon, please let me know how it works out for you.

-Liz

Hello Liz, The new ATA was delivered today it is a MTA8328 - I followed all instalation instructions and all lights except the phone symbol are lit.I have no dial tone and only a busy signal and now cannot dial out on the phone.Do I need to register it or activate it or something?? Thanks,Sharon

Hi Sharon,

The ATA may needs time to finish activating. I'm also checking with our engineers to ensure everything on our side is OK as well, I'll let you know.

-Liz

Thank you and I've had it set up since 3:15 EST and it is 3:46 EST here now.

Thank you for the setup time! I've included that in my escalation. I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Any updates Liz ?

This MAC Address for LANThis MAC Address for LANDoes NOT Match this one?Does NOT Match this one?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sharonmoses wrote:

This MAC Address for LANThis MAC Address for LANDoes NOT Match this one?Does NOT Match this one?

Though I'm not very versed in networking, I believe the MAC address in the first pic is for the device and in the second pic for the modem itself, so they wouldn't match.

Thanks GabeU,

I'm just trying to figure out whats going on and hoping Liz gives me some sort of update soon.It just makes no sense to me that I was sent a brand new ATA with all new hook ups and my LAN line is still not lighting nor operating at all 😞

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sharonmoses 

You're very welcome.  

The issue you're having is definitely a head scratcher, that's for sure.  I have no doubt that Liz and/or the engineers, or a tech if it comes to that, will be able to get your phone back to working as it should.  That doesn't do you any good right now, of course, but hang in there.  🙂

Hi Sharon,

Can you please check if you have a dial tone now?

-Liz

Yes Liz everything is up and running A-OK .Thank You for everything you have done to restore our families phone service.You have gone above and beyond.Many Thanks,I wish you a Blessed weekend and want you to know that I will have a great weekend, because I can once again to connect to my loved ones.Kudo's ❤️

Good morning Sharon,

Aw, I'm happy to see it's back up and running for you. Thank you for this nice update, my pleasure to assist you! If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to drop by the community again. Have a great rest of your week!

-Liz

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your patience while your case was escalated. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz