I haven’t had internet all day.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmtroutok
New Poster

I haven’t had internet all day.

Transit /receive / system lights are all off.

What’s going on? It’s a little cloudy but direct tv which is usually bad about clouds is working fine
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pmtroutok, 

Looks like we need to replace the modem and the ODU. I have scheduled a technician to visit the site, make any necessary replacements, and check the wiring. Your Dispatch is currently scheduled for Friday, Sep 28, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. If you need to reschedule the visit, please call us at 866-347-3292.

Thank you,

Jay

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@pmtroutok

First and foremost, please click on the three dots to the upper right of your post in order to edit your SAN (DSSxxxxxxx) from your post.  This is your account number, which should never be posted in public.  

Regarding your service issue, if it hasn't been off for that long it's possible that the issue is due to weather at your gateway, which is located in a different state from you.  Weather at your gateway can affect your service in the same way as weather at your home location.  

You can also try power cycling your modem.  That's unplugging the modem at the wall outlet, waiting for about a minute, then plugging it back in a waiting for about five minutes for it to fully boot.  Then try again.  

If it hasn't improved within a few minutes, or after power cycling the modem, please reply with your Satellite Name and Beam ID, which you can find in the Satellite box on the following page.  This information will help to establish the location of your gateway so that the weather there can be checked to see if it's the cause.  You can only get to the following page with a device that is connected, whether via Ethernet cable or WiFi, to the HughesNet modem.  

http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

Echo star-xvii
Beam is 4
GabeU

@pmtroutok

Your gateway is in Tucson, AZ.  However, I don't see any weather to speak of in Tucson, so it's not that.  

The only other thing I can suggest that you yourself can check is to make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be any tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  You may want to also make sure that the power plug is pushed all the way into the back of the modem.  Don't remove it and reinstert it, as it's very delicate and contains a lot of separate pins.  Just make sure that it's pushed in as far as it can go.    

Unfortunately, with the reps for this community being off on the weekends, you're probably going to need to call customer support.  Their number is 866-347-3292.  

Sorry I couldn't be of any real help.  😞  Others may have a few ideas, but it's likely that the issue you're seeing will have to be helped by a rep.  

Good luck.  

Hi @pmtroutok,

The moderators of the site will be back in the office on Monday, and they will look into this for you. They are much, much more helpful than the phone representatives. If you can, I'd advise waiting until Monday and not wasting your time on the phone on hold waiting for a customer service representative who will likely not be that helpful.

Sincerely,

Debbie

pmtroutok,

I see that this is your first post, so welcome to the community! As for your modem, were you able to power cycle it as GabeU suggested?

Thank you,

Jay

Yes I’ve tried everything. Even checking all wires all the way to the dish. I’m getting “failure to communicate with outdoor unit”

@Jay

Anything ?
maratsade

You may hear from Jay tomorrow. The Hughesnet employees are off now. 

GabeU

@pmtroutok

It's likely that Jay is gone for the day, but I'm sure the he (or someone else if he is not there) will reply tomorrow.  🙂  

Edit:  maratsade posted while I was writing this, so I apologize for the redundancy of my reply.  

pmtroutok, 

Looks like we need to replace the modem and the ODU. I have scheduled a technician to visit the site, make any necessary replacements, and check the wiring. Your Dispatch is currently scheduled for Friday, Sep 28, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. If you need to reschedule the visit, please call us at 866-347-3292.

Thank you,

Jay

I won’t have to pay for this right ?

pmtroutok, 

Don't worry, there will be no cost to you!

Thank you,

Jay