I need your DNS addresses..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan11433
Junior

I need your DNS addresses..

See picture as that is what my server are set. 

DNS Servers.png

When Comcast server is down my internet stop working. I really hope that you can provide your (Hughesnet) dns server so my server can have the ability to resolve queries when Comcast's is down.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You access it by using the default gateway at 192.168.0.1

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

I don't know why you cannot fix your modem that I'm leasing from you (HughesNet) and I had to use my skill to fix it on my side. It is now showing the results for Server FQDN. See picture for 192.168.0.1. Hint: Add a name including the address to that DNS server locally.

Show DNS Servers-FIXED.png

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
MarkJFine
Professor

Pretty sure the HughesNet DNS is only accessable from within HughesNet for security reasons.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I am on Hughesnet... tell me the DNS servers?

You access it by using the default gateway at 192.168.0.1

Then how come my server can't resolve Server FQDN? as you see in the picture. You need to correct the modem that run 192.168.0.1 and I need to correct my second router that run 172.28.203.141 after I noticed it was fixed already on my first router that runs 192.168.1.1.

DNS Servers.png

I have no clue what you're trying to do, but as I implied, you're not going to get a fully qualified domain name for the DNS.

what are you saying? it is legal server software that is Windows Server Standard 2019 directly from Microsoft I paid a lot of money to get it.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Ryan11433 wrote:

what are you saying? it is legal server software that is Windows Server Standard 2019 directly from Microsoft I paid a lot of money to get it.

I think what Mark is saying is that it's likely that the only information you will get is 192.168.0.1.  He is not questioning whether your server software is legal or illegal.

Do you have a business or a residential account? I thought one needed a business account to run a server, but I may be totally wrong, so I hope a rep jumps in to clarify.  

It is what Comcast have said to me that I did upgrade to Business Class long time ago but when I moved to here back in June 2019 that I signed up Hughesnet service but they won't give me the business type.

maratsade

You must be pulling your hair out by now. This sounds very frustrating. 

If you have a business account with HughesNet, you will need to call 800.347.3272 for support, as this community is not geared towards residential HughesNet accounts. If your HughesNet account number starts with SME, then you have a business account. 

@Ryan11433 wrote:

It is what Comcast have said to me that I did upgrade to Business Class long time ago but when I moved to here back in June 2019 that I signed up Hughesnet service but they won't give me the business type.

@maratsade wrote:

If you have a business account with HughesNet, you will need to call 800.347.3272 for support, as this community is not geared towards residential HughesNet accounts. If your HughesNet account number starts with SME, then you have a business account. 

@Ryan11433 wrote:

I just requested a quote with them that I said "

Right now I'm residential customer and I'm hard of hearing I cannot talk over phone because I won't understand what you are saying over phone. I'm under contract until 01-28-2022. Would it be okay to upgrade to business type without being charged early termination fee?

I need a quote for 100 GB Business data plan (it is the highest data plan you currently have that I can find) with static IP option and I will be leasing the modem."

@maratsade wrote:

@Ryan11433 wrote:

I just requested a quote with the business department.

I don't know why you cannot fix your modem that I'm leasing from you (HughesNet) and I had to use my skill to fix it on my side. It is now showing the results for Server FQDN. See picture for 192.168.0.1. Hint: Add a name including the address to that DNS server locally.

Show DNS Servers-FIXED.png

maratsade

"back in June 2019 that I signed up Hughesnet service but they won't give me the business type."

Are you saying that HughesNet won't let you get a business account?

@maratsade wrote:

"back in June 2019 that I signed up Hughesnet service but they won't give me the business type."

Are you saying that HughesNet won't let you get a business account?

they said it was no good

Edit: If I had a business account I would have static ip option?

maratsade

Not sure if you can run a server with a residential account.  Maybe the reps on the site will clarify that. 

GabeU

@Ryan11433 wrote:

Yes.  

I'm not sure exactly what it applies to, but you may want to read the HughesNet Acceptable Use Policy and what it says concerning running a server.

@GabeU wrote:

@Ryan11433 wrote:

Yes.  

I'm not sure exactly what it applies to, but you may want to read the HughesNet Acceptable Use Policy and what it says concerning running a server.

It doesn't say anything about server usage and I really do not run websites in public anymore as I have stopped for now few years ago when I was with Comcast Business. Also I do not have static ip option on Hughesnet anyway

maratsade

"It doesn't say anything about server usage"

It says you can't use a server with HughesNet, which might explain why your server software doesn't work. 

@maratsade wrote:

"It doesn't say anything about server usage"

It says you can't use a server with HughesNet, which might explain why your server software doesn't work. 

my server operating system does still run.

maratsade

OK, that's cool, but you get an error when using the server with HughesNet, do you not?