Hughesnet Community

I receive double copies of emails (through Windows Live Mail)but cannot send any.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cookemountain
New Poster

I receive double copies of emails (through Windows Live Mail)but cannot send any.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'Supporting documentation'

Server: 'smtp.hughes.net'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Protocol: SMTP

Port: 25

Secure(SSL): No

Socket Error: 10053

Tried all the obvious things... what now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here are the settings you should use, please don't use anything else:

Incoming mail settings:

server: mail.hughes.net

port: 995

"Use SSL" should be checked

authentication should also be set to your username and password.

Outgoing mail settings:
server: smtp.hughes.net
port: 465

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MarkJFine
Professor

You're not using SSL.

Outgoing mail settings:

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I'll give it a try and let you know, but the current settings have worked for years... until today.

Tried that... the email apparently sent, at least it left the outbox, but now the email will neither send nor receive.

How can it no longer send or receive if it just sent an email? I don't understand what you're saying.

Here are the settings you should use, please don't use anything else:

Incoming mail settings:

server: mail.hughes.net

port: 995

Outgoing mail settings:

Cool new issue.  Now my Windows Live Mail won't do anything but show me the send/receive detail box... no 'home page'.

I'll be going for a while, going to restart, again.

Thanks

John

Live mail opened with the restart, all seems well.  It seems that a Windows update reset EVERY setting to default.

Many thanks.

You may be on to something. However, I was under the impression that Senacor (the email subcontractor) finally upgraded to TLS 1.3 and moved to SSL-only email in the process, which is common practice now.

The email I sent left the outbox, never arrived at the destination.  Now I cannot send or receive anything.  for example,  I am not getting your messages via email, I have to refresh this page to read them... nothing arrives in my inbox.