Hughesnet Community

Intermittent Internet 23.1.4

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antonm

Intermittent Internet 23.1.4

My internet is very intermittent, it freezes at random times even though the modem lights stay on and the status screen looks OK, it will stay frozen for several minutes till eventually the "State Code" shows 23.1.4 and it starts working again. The dish is pretty solid but I tried repeaking it yesterday, along with some tree trimming. I did get better numbers but no change with the intermittent freezing issue. Videos from both YouTube and Odyssey will freeze, but on Odyssey, I can sometimes get the Internet flowing again by backing up a little, unfreezing not just the video but anything frozen on other tabs.

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

23.1.4 indicates that there was a problem with internet backbones. This generally would mean that the internet provider at the ground station was having routing issues, which would definitely cause 'freezing'. You could test this yourself by doing a traceroute to a common YouTube url. Provided they can access your account, one of the reps here could determine which ground station that is and alert the provider of the problem.

I also feel obliged to let you know that attempting to 'self-tech' your own dish alignment isn't recommended unless you have the appropriate sighting and signalling tools. Misalignment of the dish may require an expensive authorized tech visit. Just saying.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Remy

Antonm,

Thank you for reaching out! It appears that this is your first post. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to help take a look into the service issues you've been experiencing. However, I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link attached below with your account number or a phone number attached.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy