cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSmith
Sophomore

Intermittent internet loss Status code 12.7.1 A transmit problem has occured

Hi all,

I've made comments to Chicagojohn's post over the past week.  My connection issues, like his continue.  A repairman came out on 3-10-17 and replaced the radio on the dish with the hope that it would be the correction that I need.  It did not work.

I've decided to keep my own log of service drop outs on the board with the understanding that the problem is already being researched.  I don't believe there is a problem with any of the equipment on my end.  Over the course of the past week I believe that weather has been ruled out.

I recorded one instance last evening 3-17 at 7:40 pm lasting 20 minutes! The code was again 12.7.1 A transmit problem has occurred.  Local skies were overcast but not stormy.

Two more occurrences this afternoon with the same code.  Local skies were partly cloudy.  The first at 1:02 CDT lasting 8 minutes, the second followed at 1:20 CDT lasting for 10 minutes. 

Thanks, Michael

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Good morning,

The fix was rolled out this morning on beams 21 and 29. Please monitor your performance over the next few days and let me know if you see any significant improvement. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Hi Michael,

You're very welcome. Please check your PMs and feel free to come back to the community if you need anything or would like to help others.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz wrote:

Good morning,

The fix was rolled out this morning on beams 21 and 29. Please monitor your performance over the next few days and let me know if you see any significant improvement. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

No outages since the fix on Friday.  Even with overcast skies, light rain, and at times dense fog.  All is well.  Thanks again. 

26 REPLIES 26
MSmith
Sophomore

Reporting two more drop outs last night. 10:05 through 10:11 and 10:19 through 10:26.  Same code  12.7.1.  Local skies were clear.

Sunday 3/19

Down once again at 10:55 through 11:03 am.  Same code, clear skies.

I've had the same issue for 3 weeks. Had a repairman out last Wednesday and he reported that tech support told him the issue was with their Jupiter satellite and they were attempting to resolve it. He said it should have been repaired as of that day but this afternoon I've had the issue again. It's the first time in over 2 years I've had any problems with them. Their help desk has no clue. Hopefully it's resolved soon since where I live options are very limited.

I'm courious about what part of the country you live in.  Do you mind sharing?

@JerryJ wrote:
I've had the same issue for 3 weeks. Had a repairman out last Wednesday and he reported that tech support told him the issue was with their Jupiter satellite and they were attempting to resolve it. He said it should have been repaired as of that day but this afternoon I've had the issue again. It's the first time in over 2 years I've had any problems with them. Their help desk has no clue. Hopefully it's resolved soon since where I live options are very limited.

JerryJ

I'm courious about what part of the country you live in.  Do you mind sharing?

Yep I reside in northwest Illinois.

@JerryJ wrote:
Yep I reside in northwest Illinois.

Howdy neighbor,

You're the third person that I'm aware of with this problem from the northern half of IL.  I think there is a connection.  But I am the dumb one in this mix.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@MSmith wrote:

Sunday 3/19

Check the skies at your gateway. Often the weather at the gateway influences your access.

@maratsade wrote:

@MSmith wrote:

Sunday 3/19

Check the skies at your gateway. Often the weather at the gateway influences your access.

I have no information about where my gateway is.  Can you point me to it?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Check your system control center a http://192.168.0.1.  Look for the Gateway ID number under System Information.

ETA: Here's a list (it's not complete, though)

#1: Salt Lake City UT
#2:Albuquerque NM
#3: Amarillo TX
#4:Billings MT
#5:Midland TX
#6:Flagstaff AZ
#8:North Platte NE
#9:Missoula MT
#11:El Paso TX
#12:Tucson AZ
#13:Rapid City SD
#14:Edmonton, Canada
#15:Regina, Canada

@maratsade wrote:

Check your system control center a http://192.168.0.1.  Look for the Gateway ID number under System Information.

ETA: Here's a list (it's not complete, though)

#1: Salt Lake City UT
#2:Albuquerque NM
#3: Amarillo TX
#4:Billings MT
#5:Midland TX
#6:Flagstaff AZ
#8:North Platte NE
#9:Missoula MT
#11:El Paso TX
#12:Tucson AZ
#13:Rapid City SD
#14:Edmonton, Canada
#15:Regina, Canada

Good enough.  The skies look clear in Flagstaff.  Thanks

Loss of service again.

3-19-17 at 3:12-3:26 pm  code again 12.7.1

also 8:18-8:26 pm  code changed this time to 12.1.9   Still states A transmit problem has occurred.

I have had Transmit Problem for a couple of weeks, slow speed for sure.  When I call all the Hughes.net Tech Support people say is unplug and reset the modem at least 2 times a month.  That has already been done and slow speed continues....... 

My Gateway is----  Data IPGW - BIL.........

Hi MSmith,

Thank you for posting and providing ongoing updates. I ran diagnostics on your site and I'd like to send you a replacement modem to see if that will make any difference in your experience with intermittent connectivity. You should receive the modem in the next couple of days, and you can use the box it comes in to return your current modem. The return label is included in the outer pouch for your convenience. 

Looking forward to hearing how the modem works out for you.

I have the same problem this guy does, and have had it for a month. I've made 3 calls to your help desk, and had a repairman here. He tested my equipment and it tested fine. He said the problem is with the Jupiter satellite and that a fix was imminent. I hope this issue is resolved soon. Msmith let me know if the new modem resolves the problem.

@JerryJ wrote:
I have the same problem this guy does, and have had it for a month. I've made 3 calls to your help desk, and had a repairman here. He tested my equipment and it tested fine. He said the problem is with the Jupiter satellite and that a fix was imminent. I hope this issue is resolved soon. Msmith let me know if the new modem resolves the problem.

Will do.

Lost service this morning while reading new posts.  It went down at 5:31 and came back at 5:39.  Same code once again.  12.7.1 A transmit problem has occured. 

Up and down like a yo yo each morning for the last week or more. Around 07:00 to 10:00 as far as I can tell. Annoying and no notice from Hughes that they've got a problem and are addressing it. My location is NNW Arkansas. Good weather ot bad.

Hi Michael,

In case you missed it in John's thread:

Our engineers confirmed a timing issue affecting your beams, 21 and 29. A fix for this has been recommended to the network engineers, but the implementation date has yet to be determined. Once I get word on when this will roll out, I will let you know.

Thank you again for providing details, this helped us greatly. I'll keep you posted. 

@Liz wrote:

Hi MSmith,

Thank you for posting and providing ongoing updates. I ran diagnostics on your site and I'd like to send you a replacement modem to see if that will make any difference in your experience with intermittent connectivity. You should receive the modem in the next couple of days, and you can use the box it comes in to return your current modem. The return label is included in the outer pouch for your convenience. 

Looking forward to hearing how the modem works out for you.

There is no improvement in service with the new modem.  I installed it 3-21 at 5:00pm.  Our first drop out occurred at 10:35pm lasting for 10 minutes.  It went out again the following morning at 6:10am with no duration recorded.  I left for work.  It went down at 9:38 am lasting for 10 minutes.  The last straw for my wife occurred at 10:10 am.  Frustrated, she left the computer for more enjoyable things like vacuuming and laundry.