Internet Modem continually restarting - internet going in and out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiltersridgewv
New Poster

Internet Modem continually restarting - internet going in and out

My internet keeps going in and out continuously. The modem lights go down to just showing power, then all the lights come back on and in less than five seconds, everything is down again. When the modem completely shows full signal for those few seconds - I get a quick flash of red color in the power light and then it disappears and shows the typical white glow for signal - then back out again. This has been happening almost all day. I have unplugged my modem and waited the 30 seconds and plugged it back in twice now. Nothing is blocking the dish, we have beautiful weather and clear skies and have had good weather all day.. I still have 67% of my program data left for the month. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi quiltersridgewv,

Thank you for reaching out. I pulled up your account and see you've already arranged a tech visit for today. Please let us know how it goes and if you need any additional assistance.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It sounds like there could be an issue with the modem itself.  It might even be overheating, judging by the red light, but that's just a guess.  

The reps will reply to help.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  You should see a reply from one tomorrow (Wednesday).

Thank you!

Modem is not hot or anything. It always has plenty of room for airflow and no "dust bunnies" were in it.

I unplugged it overnight because I was afraid of overheating and still this morning the lights are doing the same thing and no internet 

GabeU

Interesting.  If it did it right away that more or less rules out a heat issue, but there's something definitely wrong.  

I'm hoping a rep replies soon.

GabeU

Liz

Hi quiltersridgewv,

Thank you for reaching out. I pulled up your account and see you've already arranged a tech visit for today. Please let us know how it goes and if you need any additional assistance.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning quiltersridgewv,

Just pulled up your account and saw that your modem hasn't been rebooting constantly since the site visit. Please reach out again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz