Let me try again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r0ttie1
Sophomore

Let me try again

I have had HughesNet since just after Gen5.  The issue as I see it is out if the open. In your welcome to the Community "we have prioritized Cloud-based business applications. We have also prioritized online educational apps"  My speed issue started at the panic over the Wuhan Flu.  It bothers me because I am getting less than capped speeds and burning my data allowance at those speeds.  My speed resumes to normal during bonus hours.

I had a tech visit yesterday and he found no problems at my end.  My assumption is that it is one of two things, 

1.  Hughesnet is oversold.

2.  Hughes net is capping me to give better service to other priorioties.

Here is my speedtest. https://testmy.net/quickstats/rottie1

I am paying for your 50gig service which is considerably more than I paid for fiber service with better speed.

I see no resolution to this unless it comes from the HughesNet side.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@r0ttie1,

Thank you for posting again. It appears you called in today to have this issue resolved. After you spoke with the advanced technical support department, you expressed that your issue was no longer being experienced. I also see that they were able to apply a monthly discount to your account as compensation. I am glad this was the outcome of this situation. If you have any other questions, please reach out anytime.  

-Damian 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
r0ttie1
Sophomore

It should be r0ttie1, I butterfingered.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@r0ttie1 

Though each test may very well take a while, especially if your speed is very low, please be sure to be use the manual 25MB test size for download tests and the manual 4MB test size for upload tests.  Please do not use the automatic testing.  The reps need the tests to be run with those set sizes in order to get an accurate speed measurement.  

https://testmy.net/quickstats/r0ttie1

I ran multiple 25 meg tests after your suggestion.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@r0ttie1 

There's definitely a significant problem, as your speed should be nowhere near that low.  Hopefully one of the reps will reply tomorrow to help you.  

@Liz @Damian 

My last 25meg download stalled out at 77% 19meg.

@r0ttie1,

Thank you for posting again. It appears you called in today to have this issue resolved. After you spoke with the advanced technical support department, you expressed that your issue was no longer being experienced. I also see that they were able to apply a monthly discount to your account as compensation. I am glad this was the outcome of this situation. If you have any other questions, please reach out anytime.  

-Damian