cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing internet access every night

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: Still losing internet acces every night

Yeah, I hope so, too. Really don't like having to mess with the modem every morning. Hate having a tech guy out here, but seems like it has to be done.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

You shouldn't have to mess with the equipment like that every day, and I'm sure they don't want that either. Sometimes these things take a while to figure out, but I hope it will be fixed quickly in your case. I imagine sending you a new modem was to make sure it wasn't a modem issue. Now they can focus on the dish.  Is your residence remote? Would a tech guy have to traipse through wilderness? 

Highlighted
Sophomore

About a mile out of town, no wilderness. He won't have any problem. Sucks that I live about half mile from reach of fiber optic. Only choice I have is this.

Highlighted

Wow, that's just cruel. So close and yet so far. I'm about 15 miles from other options, though I wouldn't want those options to come here,  as that would mean more people cluttering up the area.  HN has worked fine for my needs for I guess 15 years, so I'm OK with it (it's been a bit more challenging with remote working, though).  But you're SO close that it makes it worse.

Highlighted
Sophomore

I've had HN for 5 years and the last 4 have been terrible. speeds as low as .6Mbps, intermittent signal, terrible phone support, the list goes on. Takes up to 15 minutes to load the poker site I play regularly. Sometimes, it doesn't even load pictures or full Ebay pages. I'm disabled and sell on Ebay to make a few hundred a month. Well, up until March. Since then, I've made less than HN costs every month.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Hate to bring it up, but we really need to keep this to one thread. I've already responded to the other one, requesting some information that might give an indication of what's going on. Recommend we continue on that thread, not this one, which is now a duplicate of the same issue and causes confusion.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

Re: Losing internet access every night

I am aware of all the functions of the modem and had even re-installed the former modem manually. Troubleshooting  is not what I need. There is an issue with the dish that needs repaired. Your questions were going to lead to your quoting FAP, which I already stated is not the issue. I started a new thread, because Liz sending a new modem seemed to be a solve to the problem in this one. In the new thread, I clarified my current problem.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

No, I wasn't going to bring up FAP. I was looking for something else.

And no, since the problem is not solved, please keep it to one thread.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

Sorry, Mark, my fault. @capnzathrus , I do hope your situation gets resolved as soon as this coming week. 

Highlighted

The state codes would actually show what may have been happening around the system while it wasn't connecting. There are dozens of these codes, all pointing to specific problems, and @Liz will need this information to figure out what may be going on.  If you can follow Mark's advice on this, it'd be great; it's just a listing of codes.