Modem failed - need a new one

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmcorrigan
Freshman

Modem failed - need a new one

My modem has died. No lights on.  I have been through all the diagnostics, the outlet is good, etc.  How do I get a new one?  Is there a 3rd party modem that will work as a replacement?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning cmcorrigan,

Just following up on your site visit- glad to see it was completed and that you're back online! Feel free to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your best bet right now is to wait until Monday when the reps on this site  (@Liz , @Remy , @Damian ) can look into this and make a determination. Typically, they will send you a modem for you to install.   Wait for the reps to weigh in. 

Liz

Hi cmcorrigan,

Thank you for reaching out, I'll send you another modem. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Great, thanks.  The service address is the best one for non-USPS shipping.

The modem arrived and I installed it according to the directions, but it never completes the install process.  It gets stuck in "install parameter" where it says "tuning".  It takes about 30 minutes to reach 100%, then starts over.  I let this run all night and it is still stuck in the tuning loop.

Good morning cmcorrigan,

Thank you for letting me know, I've dispatched a complimentary technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, Jun 10, 2022 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,

Liz

Good morning cmcorrigan,

Just following up on your site visit- glad to see it was completed and that you're back online! Feel free to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

Really pleased with HughesNet customer service.  On site tech got the problem solved - it wasn't just the modem.  He arrived on time and stayed until he got the internet back up and running.  Thanks.

Wonderful! Glad he got to the root causes and addressed them all for you!

-Liz

cmcorrigan
Freshman

A new modem arrived and I installed it according to the directions, but it never completes the install process.  It gets stuck in "install parameter" where it says "tuning".  It takes about 30 minutes to reach 100%, then starts over.  I let this run all night and it is still stuck in the tuning loop.  I did finally unplug, wait, and plug it in again, but the same install problem occurs.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I would call the tech support line so they can troubleshoot it live with you.