cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem not picking up signal

New Poster

Modem not picking up signal

Last Saturday our modem stopped picking up signal. It wont connect to wifi. It says the wifi is strong but when i go to connect says the wifi is unavailable. I live out in the country so our only way of calling out is through a call app off of wifi. I called Monday while at work to explain the situation and they sent a remote signal. I then unplugged the modem like directed and it didnt make a difference. Then I was told i could go to a website that doesnt need wifi to get a code. I went to website but wouldnt come up due to no wifi. So now im stuck without wifi and a way to call out even if we had an emergency.  Would really appreciate a courtesy appointment to get the problem resolved right away if possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Modem not picking up signal

Good morning britterz3737,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to investigate and I'm glad to see you've already gotten a dispatch set up over the phone. I hope tomorrow's site visit goes well. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Do you have a device, such as a laptop, that you can connect directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable?

Highlighted
New Poster

Not a laptop. I have a dvd player that can be connected directly to modem. 

Highlighted

Good morning britterz3737,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to investigate and I'm glad to see you've already gotten a dispatch set up over the phone. I hope tomorrow's site visit goes well. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post