Modem password

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hapitales75
Freshman

Modem password

Are modem passwords case sensitive? Example: Xxxx99xxxx. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Sorry for the confusion, meant wifi password on back of modem. New to HughesNet and I could not mannually connect to wifi using password on back of modem. So I compared the Password Setting to the modem label. Label has one capital letter and the wifi password shown in the System Control Center does not. It must be a misprint. Thanks.

View solution in original post

If you need to change the wifi password(s), the default admin password for the wifi settings is simply 'admin'.
(Note: you may want to change that as well)

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarkJFine
Professor

As far as I know the modem doesn't use a password.

However, access to the modem's Wifi Settings is password protected, which is case sensitive.

The password to access wifi that are configured for WPA from devices are also case sensitive.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Sorry for the confusion, meant wifi password on back of modem. New to HughesNet and I could not mannually connect to wifi using password on back of modem. So I compared the Password Setting to the modem label. Label has one capital letter and the wifi password shown in the System Control Center does not. It must be a misprint. Thanks.

If you need to change the wifi password(s), the default admin password for the wifi settings is simply 'admin'.
(Note: you may want to change that as well)

Thanks again, did that first! Appreciate the advice though!!!!