Netflix error NW-2-5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmarshkc
New Poster

Netflix error NW-2-5

Using a Roku TV and cannot get Netflix to load connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello rmarshkc,

Glad to hear Netflix is working again for you. This was actually addressed yesterday, and today there are other customers, who were in the same boat, also confirming today that Netflix works.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop by the community again.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HjalmarCarlson

We're having the exact same issue on Roku for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@rmarshkc 

Unforutnately, there seems to be an issue for some trying to access streaming services.  It may have to do with the very high congestion with the system right now.  i.e. so many people trying to stream it's causing a digital traffic jam.

Liz

Hello rmarshkc,

Thanks for posting. Our engineers are currently investigating.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Ok today my billing cycle restarted and data usage reset. My Netflix is now working. I had run out of data before so I had purchased Tokens but it appears when using them Netflix does not stream. I feel this should be fixed or disclose that it does not work when using Tokens.

maratsade

• Some sites are not working for some people. Among them: iCloud.com, Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube, and others.
  • HN is aware of this issue
  • The HN engineers are working to resolve it
  • The issue may be external to HN
  • A deadly pandemic is affecting our country and the world. As a result of this, millions of people are working and learning from home, and straining ISP systems to capacity.
  • The issue is most noticeable to users of satellite internet, but it is affecting users of other ISPs as well
  • While terrestrial-based ISPs (such as cable) can add more capacity, satellite ISPs have finite capacity and can't add more without launching new satellites, a process that is very expensive and takes many months
  • Streaming is not working well for many people, and this is also due to the pandemic which sent people to work and learn from home, and increased the strain on all ISPs. The best thing to do about streaming right now is to avoid it.
  • These times call for all of us to show patience and strength in the face of chaos, and to shift our priorities.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

rmarshkc wrote:

Ok today my billing cycle restarted and data usage reset. My Netflix is now working. I had run out of data before so I had purchased Tokens but it appears when using them Netflix does not stream. I feel this should be fixed or disclose that it does not work when using Tokens.

GabeU

@rmarshkc wrote:

That your data reset and Netflix is now working, while it wasn't prior to this and while using data tokens, is coincidence.  The type of data being used has no effect on activities or applications, as the only real difference between Service Plan data, Bonus data and data Tokens is what it's called and when its used.

Hello rmarshkc,

Glad to hear Netflix is working again for you. This was actually addressed yesterday, and today there are other customers, who were in the same boat, also confirming today that Netflix works.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop by the community again.

Thanks,

Liz