No internet connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tkvander
New Poster

No internet connection

After running a connectivity test on the Gen5. Unable to resolve gateway. You do not have connectivity to the gateway. The system light on the HT2000W goes in and out. The system state code: 23.1.1
I have unplugged the modem. Reset the modem. Unhooked and rehooked the satellite cable.
Diagnostic code: 0000-0000-0002-1924.
Help??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tkvander, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Nov 5, 2019 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You'll likely have to wait until tomorrow when the site's HN mods are back; they may need to run remote diagnostics from their side.   (You can also get on the chat or the phone customer service if you don't want to wait). 

Tkvander wrote:
After running a connectivity test on the Gen5. Unable to resolve gateway. You do not have connectivity to the gateway. The system light on the HT2000W goes in and out. The system state code: 23.1.1
I have unplugged the modem. Reset the modem. Unhooked and rehooked the satellite cable.
Diagnostic code: 0000-0000-0002-1924.
Help??

MarkJFine
Professor

Code 23.1.1 means the satellite's backbone is down which is preventing any association with the gateway (ground station).

Do you know which gateway you're supposed to be associating with? For example, does it say anything under "IPGW ID" when you use a compter to go to this page? It should have something like J2 then 3 letters and 3 numbers, like J2SDO068 (which is San Diego, Beam 68).

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Under the advanced menu summary the IPGW ID is ALB14....... with a series of numbers and letters. When I click on the system status the IP Gateway Association State has the same ALB14.... but the last four numbers keep changing. The TCP acceleration is also down.

Ok, I don't know about the 14 (GWID 14 is in Salt Lake City), but ALB is definitely Albuquerque, NM. The last four numbers are routes within the gateway. I wouldn't worry about that. If it's not associating properly TCP acceleration wouldn't be working either.

They may be having a problem at the gateway there. Would you happen to know if you've always been associated with Albuquerque, or is this something that seems different? Trying to rule out a modem registration glitch.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi Tkvander, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Nov 5, 2019 between 02:00 PM-05:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Tkvander, 

Just checking up on your site. I see the tech came and went, and you're back online. Please don't hestitate to reach out again if you have any concerns.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Tkvander wrote: 

For future reference, it would be best to not perform a reset unless instructed to by a HughesNet rep, and then only in the specific manner instructed.  Performing a reset incorrectly, or at the "wrong" time, can cause more harm than good, possibly necessitating a modem re-registration or re-setup, the latter of which could require a tech visit.