No internet please help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gage77788
Freshman

No internet please help

I was using it then it stopped and it says 11.2.3 problem receiving data has occured. Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Gage77788,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear your service is down. There does appear to be an outage at the Flagstaff gateway in Arizona, which is the gateway that was assigned to you during installation. Our engineers are working hard to recover this and have made progress so far as some customers are able to access their service again. We do not have an estimated time frame for how long this will take to be completely resolved. These events usually take 1-2 days to be resolved. If for some reason this happens to take longer, I will credit your account for this missed days of service. I apologize for the inconvenience.  

-Damian 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It may be related to bad weather at your location or at the location of your gateway.  Have you tried rebooting the modem? 

Hang in there; I'm sure someone here will give you more complete advice. 

Beautiful. Not a cloud in the sky here.
maratsade

Where is your gateway, though?  There could be issues there.  Edit: If you don't know how to identify your gateway, see this tutorial: https://chucksbasix.com/2017/10/06/how-to-find-your-hughesnet-gateway/

It says creating ipgw pool. Idk what that means.
maratsade

Try rebooting the modem.

I have done that twice with no luck
maratsade

There may be an outage at the gateway; if so, there will likely be an announcement. Check HN's social media sites (Twitter, FB). 

maratsade

Do you know what beam you're on?

How do i tell
GabeU

@Gage77788 wrote:
How do i tell

Your beam is the "Beam ID" in the Satellite box on the lower right of this System Control Center page.

Edit:  It's also shown in location C of the IP Gateway Association State breakdown shown on the Chuck's Basix webpage linked to earlier that explains how to find your Gateway location.  It's where his example is showing 066.

Beam number 13..

It says software download status... Updating... Could be the problem?
GabeU

@Gage77788 

On the same page and in the same box where you found your Beam ID, what is showing for your Satellite Name?  Is it Echostar 17 or 19?

Edit:  To answer your question, what you're seeing about the software download status is usually as a cause of something, like bad weather or something else causing an issue with your signal.   

EchoStar-XVII
GabeU

@Gage77788 

The gateway for Beam 13 on the ES17 satellite is in Flagstaff, AZ.  

Right now it doesn't look like there's any bad weather there.  It's only partly cloudy, so it's highly unlikely that the problem is being caused by weather.  Unfortunately, you're going to have to wait until the reps get back online in order to have them figure out what's going on.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, and they'll reply to help.  In the meantime, it would be a good idea, if you don't already, to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that they can perform remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem in necessary.

However, if you can't wait for the reps here to help you, you can call 866-347-3292 to get help.  It may be something simple, but only a rep can really tell at this point.

Thank you i can wait. Im heading to bed.
GabeU

@Gage77788 

You're welcome.  

I'll tag a couple of the reps so that they will be sure to see this thread when they're back online.  🙂  

@Liz @Damian 

Hello @Gage77788,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear your service is down. There does appear to be an outage at the Flagstaff gateway in Arizona, which is the gateway that was assigned to you during installation. Our engineers are working hard to recover this and have made progress so far as some customers are able to access their service again. We do not have an estimated time frame for how long this will take to be completely resolved. These events usually take 1-2 days to be resolved. If for some reason this happens to take longer, I will credit your account for this missed days of service. I apologize for the inconvenience.  

-Damian 

Well thank you for informing me. My internet is back on i woke up to it on. Thank you.

@Gage77788,

I am glad to hear that. It appears our engineers have fixed the issue. If you need any assistance in the future, please reach out again. 

-Damian