Pages not loading

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TennisBum
New Poster

Pages not loading

One computer not loading most pages.  This computer out of 4 total, 2 ebooks, phone all do fine.  Facebook for one will load, Google will work, but not its links.  So I'm assuming it's the computer and not a problem with the Hughes router.  Instructions for DNS, resetting proxies are a little to deep for me.  Thanks for any help from this dumb Georgian.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Since there were three other computers/ebooks working fine on the Hughes wi-fi, I didn't go changing any settings that I wasn't comfortable with or understood.  The computer in question was an older HP/Compaq with no internal wireless adapter.  Sometime last night, lying in bed trying to go to sleep, thought about the Linksys USB stick I was using for the wireless connection.  It had been swapped in a long time ago, had better range than the Cisco that I had swapped out.  Dug the Cisco out of a drawer and plugged it in.  Knock on wood, every page seems to be loading, no problemo.  Old axiom, KISS.  Sometimes dissecting the different parts of a system and going for something basic works.

View solution in original post

Hi TennisBum,

Glad to hear back from you and thanks for telling us what you did to fix it! Good job!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brooke
Alum

Hello TennisBum, I see this is your first post, so welcome and thanks for posting! 

I need more information to better assist you.

What kind of computer do you have? 

Which pages are not loading (ie: what links you're trying to access from Google)?

Are you directly connected when this happens?

I'll be waiting to hear back from you!

-Brooke

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@TennisBum

Two things you can try are clearing your browser cache and flushing your DNS cache.  

If you need instructions on how to do those things, please let us know whether the computer in question is a Mac or Windows based, what version of Windows (7, 8.1, 10), and what browser you are using (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE).  Or, you can look up the instructions for each.  It's entirely up to you.    

And remember, the only dumb question is the question not asked.  

Since there were three other computers/ebooks working fine on the Hughes wi-fi, I didn't go changing any settings that I wasn't comfortable with or understood.  The computer in question was an older HP/Compaq with no internal wireless adapter.  Sometime last night, lying in bed trying to go to sleep, thought about the Linksys USB stick I was using for the wireless connection.  It had been swapped in a long time ago, had better range than the Cisco that I had swapped out.  Dug the Cisco out of a drawer and plugged it in.  Knock on wood, every page seems to be loading, no problemo.  Old axiom, KISS.  Sometimes dissecting the different parts of a system and going for something basic works.

Hi TennisBum,

Glad to hear back from you and thanks for telling us what you did to fix it! Good job!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!