Poor connection to iCloud

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zardoz
New Poster

Poor connection to iCloud

Often, as in all week this week, I am unable to connect to my Apple iCloud account. Neither my Outlook app or my iCloud web page will connect or retrieve email. Does Hughes target iCloud and meter or block the connection? Does anyone else have poor/no/slow iCloud service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi folks,

Thank you all for your patience while engineering investigated and addressed this. I got confirmation from engineering that they've rolled out optimization to all customers to improve iMessage/iCloud performance. I hope to see your feedback on current experiences with iMessage/iCloud, bad or good.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

• Known issue, possibly related to CenturyLink
  • HN is working on it
  • We'll get an update when they have one to give

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Zardoz wrote:

Often, as in all week this week, I am unable to connect to my Apple iCloud account. Neither my Outlook app or my iCloud web page will connect or retrieve email. Does Hughes target iCloud and meter or block the connection? Does anyone else have poor/no/slow iCloud service?

retsofmit
Freshman

Yes, connection comes and goes to our iCloud email and calendar.  email attachments do not download when it gets real spotty!

maratsade

They're working on this issue -- sometimes it's not easy to figure out what's going on and it can take a lot of time. 

retsofmit wrote:

Yes, connection comes and goes to our iCloud email and calendar.  email attachments do not download when it gets real spotty!

Liz

Hi folks,

Thank you all for your patience while engineering investigated and addressed this. I got confirmation from engineering that they've rolled out optimization to all customers to improve iMessage/iCloud performance. I hope to see your feedback on current experiences with iMessage/iCloud, bad or good.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Yes, it is definitely working now. Thanks you!

GabeU

@Zardoz 

Love the name.  When I saw it I immediately had this vision of Sean Connery sporting a ponytail and wearing that ridiculous red outfit. 

download.jpg

What a wacky movie. Too bad it's not on this weekend.  I'd have to watch it.  😛

Hi Zardoz,

Thanks for posting back with your confirmation, glad to hear that!

If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop by the community again.

(Gabe, that exact image is what popped into my head when I saw the name XD)

Thanks,

Liz