cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdandria
Freshman

Return of discontinued modem problem

6 June 2018

I posted on the forum that I had trouble with download speed. The tech support rep on the forum sent me a new modem and instructed me to discard it since it was an old HT1000 model (Liz on 6 June 2018)

28 June 2108

Soon after this exchange I received an Email instructing me to send the old modem to Hughes. I complied on 28 June 2018 and have a postal service confirmation that it arrived.

5 July 2018

I again received an Email telling me it wasn’t rcvd. On 6 July I contacted Hughes chat support (Nadia Carter ) and she said it was taken care of and not to worry, .

18 July 2018

I just received an Email from hughes that again threatens to charge me $125 if I don't immediately send it. So...I was instructed not to send, then to send, I then sent it and have  USPS confirmation, and yet I’m still being threatened about an imminent charge of $125. What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi jdandria,

Welcome back and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I manually received the modem in our system so that the $125 won't be charged. I do apologize for the confusion. If you have additional concerns, don't hesitate to reach out again.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Departments not talking to each other? I'm sure someone here  (@Liz @Amanda) will look into it and fix it for you once and for all. 

Liz

Hi jdandria,

Welcome back and thank you for bringing this to our attention. I manually received the modem in our system so that the $125 won't be charged. I do apologize for the confusion. If you have additional concerns, don't hesitate to reach out again.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you Liz!