cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arceus213
Sophomore

Signal going down for some reason

Serial Number: B1-0005494030-A4

So we have another problem where the signal goes down very low. This has happened two days this week, during the night time hours. It is clear outside currently. Right now, I'm able to access the internet, but the signal could go low again. The current diagnostic code is 0000-0000-0000-0027.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Aedan wrote:

Good Morning all and thanks for posting!

Gabe, there was a technical issue at your gateway that affected your beam on 7/28. Arceus213, your beam was affected by severe weather on 7/28 and 7/29. Arceus213, I also pulled up your account to troubleshoot. Your system is showing state code 13.2.2. Please verify that the LAN cable on one end is connected to the LAN port on the back of the modem and the other end to your computer. Thanks. 

Actually, the ethernet cable is connected from the Hughesnet HT1100 Modem to the Linksys E2500 wireless modem. Unfortunately, I wasn't at my home during the week, so there was no computer turned on at the time. Other than that, the internet is working fine right now.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Did you happen to write down the state code on the System Status page when it was down?  Did you see that your signal strength had surely dropped?  If so, do you remember what it was, or what it was approximately?  

Do you know where your Gateway is?  If you look on the System Status page, where it says IP Gateway Association State, what are the three letters after the J1 or J2?  Don't list the whole thing, only the three letters after the J1 or J2.  

BTW, the reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so it won't be until Monday before a rep on here will be able to take a look and, chances are, run remote diagnostics on your modem/system.  

Unfortunately, I didn't write down the state code at the time. I can however, show the state code monitor in the following pictures: Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Nevermind the 30.2.2 state code. The reason it's there is because I have problems downloading from sites such as Mediafire when web acceleration is enabled, so I keep it disabled. And the outage wasn't too long, although I forgot how much time it was approximately for. Currently the signal is back to normal as shown in this picture:

Capture3.PNG

This is the current association status (mine didn't have J1 or J2):

Capture4.PNG

Finally, the diagnostic code changed, it is now 0000-0000-0216-3842, in case you wanted to know.

GabeU

WOW.  

What modem do you have?  Is it an HN9000S?  

The Gateway query was for the possibility that there were storms wherever your Gateway is located.  I don't have any idea if that's what's been causing your problems, but only that storms can.  

I wonder if maybe one of your fittings outside is getting moisture inside of it, and it's only happening during the nighttime hours due to that being when condensation would occur.  I know that has happened to people.    

Perhaps someone who is more familiar with what's going on with those state codes might have an idea.  From what I'm seeing, it looks like they are related to connection issues, but I can't say for sure.    

I'll tag the reps so they'll be sure to see this on Monday.  

@Liz @Aedan @Amanda

The modem that I have is an HT1000 modem.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

HT1000 or HT1100?  If you are on the 1000, then Hughes will be sending you an HT1100 or HT2000w to replace it... The HT1000 units had been phased out for being very problematic.

If it's an HT1100 then either the coax isn't in great shape, or your ODU is potentially flaky.

Again, the modem that I have is an HT1000 modem.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Had to make sure...  It's rare to see someone with a 1000 series unit anymore.

Monday, either @Amanda, @Liz, or @Aedan will create an order to send you a newer model modem...  After that is installed then if the issue persists they can run remote diagnostics.

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

After that is installed then if the issue persists they can run remote diagnostics.

They won't run the diagnostics until the modem's replaced?  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

GabeU

Ah.  I didn't know that.  Still, though, it wouldn't hurt to leave it powered, just in case they can get enough info to tell what's wrong (if it's not the modem, itself).  It might kill two birds with one stone.  

Will a technician come and replace the modem that we're currently currently using with a newer one? I just want to make sure on this.

GabeU

@arceus213 wrote:

Will a technician come and replace the modem that we're currently currently using with a newer one? I just want to make sure on this.

No.  They'll ship you the new one.  It's pretty easy to replace.  Basically just connect it and power it up.    

I also don't think they need the old one back, but if they do they'll send a return shipping label so it doesn't cost you anything.  

Okay.

Hello arceus213,

Thanks for posting. I am going to send you the HT1100 Modem to address your concerns. Please inform us, if you continue to experience this issue after you have received the new modem. Please check your private messages in the top right-hand corner, as I have sent you a message requesting some additional information that is needed to issue the dispatch. Thanks.

-Aedan

Hello arceus213,

Thank you for the prompt response. We have sent you a free replacement modem (HT1100). Please look out for it in a couple days. Thanks.

-Aedan

So we had got the modem either Tuesday or Wednesday. All was fine most of the week, until the low signal issue happened again a little bit ago. The only difference is that it occured for almost an hour.Capture.PNG

This was the downlink state code before it changed to 11.2.1 as shown in this picture:

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

The uplink state code was 12.2.1. I had reset the modem to see if the problem was solved, but it still occured as shown in this picture:

Capture4.PNG

The current diagnostic code is 0000-0000-0000-0027.

P.S. Forgot to say that the Modem's serial number is B3 0010751134 A3.

GabeU

@arceus213

What just happened didn't just happen to you.  It did the same thing to me.  Everything is back up now.  

Something may have happened to the system and it reset to fix itself.  

Okay.

GabeU

This is what I saw.  Note that the signal strength went to the exact same level.  This was after resetting the modem in an attempt to fix it, which explains the low packet count.  I made sure to capture it just in case....

Capture.JPG

Good Morning all and thanks for posting!

Gabe, there was a technical issue at your gateway that affected your beam on 7/28. Arceus213, your beam was affected by severe weather on 7/28 and 7/29. Arceus213, I also pulled up your account to troubleshoot. Your system is showing state code 13.2.2. Please verify that the LAN cable on one end is connected to the LAN port on the back of the modem and the other end to your computer. Thanks. 

-Aedan