Slow Internet Speeds on HughesNet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richknox
Sophomore

Slow Internet Speeds on HughesNet

I am opening this thread because this is the 2nd time I have had this problem.  The first was in November 2016 and it took approximately 6 months to finally get someone to come to my house to try and fix it.  I am hoping that we can bypass all the talk back and forth and have someone come and fix my Internet.  Within the last 3 or 4 weeks my speeds have plummeted to near dial-up speeds.  This is also not a time when a lot of people are on the system because it is random throughout the day and night when checked.  The last time I ended up having a new modem installed and that seemed to finally fix my speeds but I think the support rep also treated the satellite aim and maybe even a piece on the receiving dish.  Thank you for your assistance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi richknox,

I'm so happy to hear this! Thank you for coming back and updating us on the site visit. I appreciate your working with us so we can get this resolved for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

Again, I would like to thank all that helped correct my problem.  I have a 13.6 download and a 4.8 upload speed tonight. It appears that my problem has been solved. I will accept this as the solution and close this thread. Thank you very much. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@richknox 

That's great news.  I'm glad it's back in working order.  It's always nice to have things working the way they should, especially when it's something we rely on more and more each day. 

And I was happy to help.  For the most part, I've had pretty good service from HughesNet over the 14+ years I've had it, and when I've needed help or had questions I've been able to get it here.  I enjoy paying it forward and helping others to experience the same.  🙂 

Hi richknox,

I'm so happy to hear this! Thank you for coming back and updating us on the site visit. I appreciate your working with us so we can get this resolved for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Again, I would like to thank all that helped correct my problem.  I have a 13.6 download and a 4.8 upload speed tonight. It appears that my problem has been solved. I will accept this as the solution and close this thread. Thank you very much. 

Awesome! You're welcome, richknox. Come back anytime if you have any other concerns.