Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam emails

Pete_Vit
Junior

Re: Spam emails

@maratsade wrote:

That's likely temporary -- did you check again today? Is it still showing 141 emails in the folder?

@Pete_Vit wrote:

yesterday I found another glitch with the email web client, when I mark emails as junk, I empty my junk folder and it still shows 141 junk emails in that folder

checking the folder, it shows empty

Yes, I closed my browser, cleaered Cache, signed in again, when empty still shows 141 in my junk folder 

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Well, boo. Smiley Sad

Could you post a screenshot for the reps? 

EDIT: never mind -- it may be related to the larger issue, and HughesNet is working on a solution with their email admins. Keep in mind that sometimes ferreting out a cause for problems can take time, sometimes a long time. The good news is they're on it.  

Liz

Good morning folks,

Thank you taking the time to post your experiences and letting us know. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience, I know it's a hassle to deal with so much unwanted email. We're taking care of this and have our e-mail admins working to resolve this. Please stay tuned for updates as I get them.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Update:

While it may not seem like it's doing anything, please DO mark these spammy e-mails as spam and move them into the spam folder if they weren't automatically; this is helping the e-mail admins address this issue.

I'll let you know of any other news on their progress.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Richard3
Sophomore

Liz,

Thanks for the update.

Did find the the block feature on the webmail site - it allows one to select multiple emails and block the the address. Assume that also goes into some type of spam folder for Admin.

Did well over 250 today - hope this helps the cause!

AlfredEisenberg
Freshman

Thanks for the update.

I just marked about 500 as spam from the past 2 days.  Whatever this new system is it's not doing anything yet as far as filtering anything out.  I can't spend the time to go through the other 4000 emails in my inbox, 90% or more are spam, and most since November 11th which is when I guess something changed.

Please do something soon.

Liz

Thanks Richard3, I'm checking with the e-mail folks to see if that does the same thing and is helpful to them-I'll let you know.

Very understandable, Alfred. I know we have a separate case for you since you initially brought this up elsewhere, but I'll be sure to include your feedback in my case for the community as well.

-Liz

AlfredEisenberg
Freshman

better to mark them as spam rather than block.  Block just blocks the sender's address which the spammers change constanly.

that also moves it to the spam folder. you can select multiple and clck circled button below if you haven't seen it.  I'm assuming whatever tool us used looks at emails you mark as spam and somehow tries to figure out a way to auto spam them.

Untitled.png

Pete_Vit
Junior

just a few I added to the blocked list that keep showing up

• admin@acrey.milastle.com
  • admin@milastle.com
  • admin@ngeh.haterentes.com
  • reply@tearostupp.com
  • return@caseri.planetomed.com
  • return@cpav.themoduthe.com
  • return@jordingliked.com
  • x9kdnvwo@ngeh.haterentes.com
BlockRemoveCapture.PNG
Carmen Vitullo
Liz

Hi folks,

As Alfred mentioned, it would be more helpful to mark as spam as opposed to blocking. I don't expect you to mark every single piece if you can't get to it, but please do what you can. The more that's marked the better our spam controls get.

Thanks,

Liz