Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leespread
Freshman

State Code 12.1.12 -- A transmit problem has occurred

What does this state code mean?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Leespread,

The diagnostics code you have provided is not meant for the use of remote troubleshooting. Your state code, which would be in the format of 0.0.0, is what we require. It appears the equipment has maintained a fully operational state code since the issue was corrected. If the state code changes and you are experiencing an issue with the service at that time, please let me know. 

-Damian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Leespread 

It means that there is some type of uplink signal connection issue.  It's possible that it's being caused by bad weather at your gateway, which would be located in a different state than your own.  The gateway is the ground collection point for your signal on the "other side" of the satellite, if you think of the satellite as a mirror that's reflecting your signal back to earth.  

It if is, in fact, being caused by bad weather at your gateway, the problem should only be temporary.  

If you're still experiencing the issue, I would be sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in, if you don't already, so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to determine what may be causing the problem.  

Thanks for the reply - today I have the same state code 12.1.12 -- A transmit problem has occurred

but also Diagnostic Code: 0000-0000-0002-0489

I have service but everything seems slow.  Any guess on what may be taking place?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Leespread 

I'm guessing that it's either some type of signal issue or an equipment issue.  It's possible that it's something they may be able to fix remotely, but without knowing what's really causing it, I couldn't say for sure.  

And, unfortunately, with it being Friday, and with it now being the end of the work day, it's very possible that the earliest you'll hear from a rep is Monday.  You have the option of calling 866-347-3292 if you'd rather not, or cannot, wait for them to reply.  It is possible, though, that a rep may still reply before then, as there is one that's sometimes on later in the evening during he work days, though not always.  😞 

I'll tag Liz, just in case she may still be on.  @Liz 

Damian

Hello @Leespread,

Thank you for posting. I apologize for the delay and I am sorry to hear you experienced this. This is normally associated with a  transmission error that can occur after firmware updates. After running diagnostics on your account, it appears everything is back up and running properly. Your modem is also reporting speeds adequate for your plan. If you are still experiencing an issue on your side or this happens again, please let me know and I will perform deeper troubleshooting.   

-Damian    

Thank you for your response....this afternoon I'm seeing a different Diagnostic Code:0000-0000-0000-0049.  Usually the afternoons is where I'm seeing issues.  Thoughts on this?

@Leespread,

The diagnostics code you have provided is not meant for the use of remote troubleshooting. Your state code, which would be in the format of 0.0.0, is what we require. It appears the equipment has maintained a fully operational state code since the issue was corrected. If the state code changes and you are experiencing an issue with the service at that time, please let me know. 

-Damian

Thank you for your help - I very much appreciaiate it!  I depend on Hughesnet as I am able to work from home.  In two years I have been very happy with the service.  Thank you!

@Leespread,

I'm glad to hear this and am happy to help. Whenever you need any assistance, please reach out again. 

-Damian