Status Meter not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsNoName
Sophomore

Status Meter not working

My status meter has not been showing the graphs of usage for about a week now.  What can I do to fix this? Or is this an error with the tool?

HughesNet Status Meter.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Though I have no idea if it's related, I know that they've stopped offering the Usage Meter in favor of the HughesNet Mobile App and both the modem and online methods of viewing data levels and usage.  

I suspect that, over time, the Usage Meter's usability and reliability will decrease.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade

Did you try exiting the app, then restarting the computer, then opening the app again?

Hopefully this will help, as HughesNet no longer offers the status meter (or provides support for it), so yo it's no longer available for download.

You can also try this: 

1. Fully quit the Usage Meter from its own menu by clicking on the donut in the menubar and clicking "Exit".
2. Look for the following directory
Windows: C:\Users\[your User name]\AppData\Roaming\
Mac: /Users/[your User name]/Library/Application Support/
3. Carefully delete just the "HughesNet Usage Meter" folder under that and empty the trash.
4. Restart the Usage Meter. This will regenerate all the underlying information as if it were run for the first time, thus correcting the error.

@MrsNoName wrote:

My status meter has not been showing the graphs of usage for about a week now.  What can I do to fix this? Or is this an error with the tool?

Hi. @maratsade.  Thank you for the quick reply.  I tried both solutions and neither restored the charts, although did appear to re-set the data on the front screen at least.  I guess I will have to settle for that and for the charts of usage I can get in my account view on Hughesnet.com.

maratsade

I suspected that might happen.  Do you have the app? I don't use it a lot, but I think the app also has some charts. 

@MrsNoName wrote:

Hi. maratsade.  Thank you for the quick reply.  I tried both solutions and neither restored the charts, although did appear to re-set the data on the front screen at least.  I guess I will have to settle for that and for the charts of usage I can get in my account view on Hughesnet.com.

I have the app but I don't use it much either.  I prefer to check my usage on my laptop in the Status Meter while I am doing other things at a viewing size more suited to ageing eyes.  I've not found charts on the app.  The charts were always confusing really anyway, since they combined all usage in the usage shown, where I really wanted only the Anytime Data.  The charts on the Hughesnet site split it out but in a less useful format.  I still have the Status Meter front page so I can track the increase/decrease in speed of usage by regular viewing.  That will just have to do.  

Thanks very much for your help to understand the situation.

GabeU

Though I have no idea if it's related, I know that they've stopped offering the Usage Meter in favor of the HughesNet Mobile App and both the modem and online methods of viewing data levels and usage.  

I suspect that, over time, the Usage Meter's usability and reliability will decrease.  

I believe you are right, @GabeU .  I guess that is what they call progress? Smiley Sad