System light out on modem, no internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lschwen
Freshman

System light out on modem, no internet

Today our internet stopped working suddenly. We had a wind storm come through the area, so I am not sure if the dish got moved from that or not. It appears in the same area as it was previously. Everything was working fine until about an hour ago (wind storm had been going on all day and caused no issues) when suddenly the internet just stopped working. I tried rebooting the HT2000W modem, however, no system light is on. All other lights appear to be flashing randomly, just no system light at all.

All wires are connected, ethernet connected to computer, cable connected, etc. I am able to access the router admin login, but am unable to access the system control center or any other domain.

Other posts showed this as being a possible modem issue. Obviously due to it being the weekend, I am unable to get in touch with anyone from customer support.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Lschwen 

Though it's possible that there is some type of intermittent issue going on right now at your gateway (mine was off and on for a couple of hours last night, but fine now), it's also possible that there is a genuine issue.  If it doesn't come back up and start working like normal, the reps will likely have to help you with this.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They usually reply within a day, but right now they are very busy due the crisis, so it can take them a little longer than normal.  

You can try calling 866-347-3292 again, but as you've likely discovered, they are extremely busy as well, and the wait times are very long.  😞

If, in the meantime, you're able to again access the System Control Center, try to see what it says for you Satellite Receive Signal Strength in the WAN Info box on the lower left of this page.  If it's below 70 or so, it would likely indicate that your dish did in fact move, and will probably need to be re-pointed, but only the reps can say for certain.  

If it doesn't start working again, I would be sure to leave the modem plugged in tomorrow so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on it, which they will likely try when they see your post.  

@Liz  @Damian 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13