Tired of my internet being down

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Procd727
Sophomore

Tired of my internet being down

I am about fed up with this internet first four months was great! Then came the issues being down more than it was up they sent a new router worked great another month now same ole stuff I’m fixing to pay my etf and get out I can no afford 100 bucks for a technician as well as 100 a month for the service that never works

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem found and solved by the technician had water in my radio transmitter !
thanks remy for assisting me with my issues

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The reps can run remote diagnostics on your system to see if anything's amiss. They're normally on M-F from around 9AM to 6PM EST, though they're sometimes on during the weekend or in the evening. It'll likely not be until Monday before you get a reply from one. 

They don’t help ! It seems I know more about it than they do I’m pretty sure my transmitter is bad but I can’t afford to have it replaced I’m about to cancel my payment method and go back to att 

maratsade

Maybe you should give the reps on this site a chance to have a look at your situation and discuss potential solutions. If they can't resolve your concerns after best-effort troubleshooting, they're willing to work with you regarding the ETF.  The reps here are from the corporate offices and have the authority to do that. I don't believe the phone reps do. Might be worth your while to see what the reps here have to say.

They haven’t fixed it yet 3rd day no internet I’ve unhooked all my equipment I’m done with HughesNet nobody knows how to fix it without sending a technician for 100 bucks screw that ! None of my stuff has moved so unless that satellite in space has moved I do not need a realignment 

it’s crappy business practice to give someone really good service for their first couple months ! After that it’s like they flip a switch and it all goes to crap

maratsade

The reps here haven't checked the situation yet, as they only work M-F. You would have to give them time to have a look, which they could do this coming week.  I've seen them send techs for free, have seen them give people free replacement modems, and other things, but you need to wait for the reps on this site to work with you.

Since it seems you're done and want to just go ahead and pay the ETF instead of waiting: cancellation can only be done by phone, 866-347-3292. 

GabeU

This Support Community, and especially this Tech Support section, is for people needing and wanting help with an issue. If you simply want to announce your departure and don't want any help, social media is that way -------- >>>>>

Don’t use social media it’s ok I’ve filed complaints and I will get it resolved one way or the other 

Procd727,

Thanks for reaching out! I see these are your first posts here in the Community! Welcome! We'd like to take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate the account connected to your Community profile. Please send a private message to the link provided below, with your account number or a phone number attached!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

Problem found and solved by the technician had water in my radio transmitter !
thanks remy for assisting me with my issues

Procd727
Sophomore

my sqf was 109 all of a sudden dropped to 15 and won’t go over 30 max I say transmitter but reps always say it’s cause your in fap but that has nothing to do with not linking up with the satellite I’m not fap right now and it will not connect to satellite 

Procd727
Sophomore

Customer service at HughesNet is fairly nonexistent if you do get someone to answer you can’t understand them or they just blame system performance on fap when I know enough about the fap to know it still works fine when fapped I usually always fap within  2 weeks of reset ! I’m pretty sure it’s something they are doing I believe that cause the first month it was active we had a strong storm roll through and rained so hard you couldn’t see 10 feet but it worked fine 2 months later it can barely sprinkle an it goes off 

maratsade

This is why you should let the reps on this site, who work M-F during business hours, to check your system remotely. 

Procd727
Sophomore

Upon investigation of my equipment I was going to run a new coax but the installer screwed the coax so tight into the transmitter it will not come out without unscrewing the whole coax stub that the cable attaches to so the transmitter is bad but I’m not paying for a technician to come fix it not my fault that the installer did not know what he was doing ! And yes I have satellite installation experience! 

Procd727
Sophomore

Update so far level 4 tech support has ran test and had me change a couple numbers on latitude and longitude it worked for 2 hours went back down now when I plug modem up it constantly restarts flashes red and restarts over and over I have unplugged it and waiting on technician to arrive friday