Useage Meter broken

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWM030
Sophomore

Useage Meter broken

I just thought that I would write in and say my useage meter is broken. 

Last night it said I had 14.6 gigs left and now its back to 100% and has not moved since last night. 

Does that mean I can use as much as I want since the usage meter is broken or am I still counting down from those 14 gigs I have left? ( BIG GRIN) just kidding! 

Thanks,

Chris

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@CWM030 

If you're still in your first twenty days of service your data allotment is being refilled.  These initial twenty days are known as the "relaxed bandwidth period."  After these twenty days your data will start being drawn down from your allotment in the normal manner.  

HughesNet does this as a courtesy for new subscribers so that they can update/upgrade their devices to current without it negatively affecting their normal data allotment, as these activities can use a LOT of data, especially if the devices haven't been connected to the net in a while.

Hope this helps.  🙂 

View solution in original post

GabeU

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade

HughesNet is no longer supporting the usage meter, unfortunately.  You may want to check your usage by getting the app, or by checking the SCC.

When I say useage meter I mean logging into my account and going to MY ACCOUNT > then USEAGE tab...

Or just click here: https://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount?_mpsource=Header&_udreq=1&tab=Usage

Mine still says 100 % even though I've been on the computer today and used Google Home to listen to Pandora today. It was working as of Yesterday. 

Even the app says I am still at 100% even though i've done some things online today. 

maratsade

Ah, thanks for the clarification! A rep will have to check this out for you, then. 

GabeU

@CWM030 

If you're still in your first twenty days of service your data allotment is being refilled.  These initial twenty days are known as the "relaxed bandwidth period."  After these twenty days your data will start being drawn down from your allotment in the normal manner.  

HughesNet does this as a courtesy for new subscribers so that they can update/upgrade their devices to current without it negatively affecting their normal data allotment, as these activities can use a LOT of data, especially if the devices haven't been connected to the net in a while.

Hope this helps.  🙂 

ahhh.. Yes, I am within the 20 days. I just got service a week ago I believe. 

I was wondering why I got down to 14.6 gigs left and then all of a sudden it went back to 100 % and stopped moving. 

Thanks,

Chris

GabeU

@CWM030 

You're welcome.