cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOICE: what happens if you hook two phones to the ATA?

Re: VOICE: what happens if you hook two phones to the ATA?

Hi Larry, 

Thank you for your patience as I sought an answer for you. Looks like we haven't tested connecting two phones to the Phone 1 port using that adapter, but my contact figures it should work. If you have the adapter, I'd give it a shot and if it doesn't work, let me know so I can let the VOIP team know so they're aware.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

@larrykelly wrote:

Your reading my mind. I have a refurbished Western Electric Model 302, Circa 1940s "Lucy phone". I don't talk on it, but the sound of the Internal Ringer takes me back to childhood.

IMG_6962.JPG

Had one of those for years, loved it and got lots of positive comments on it. Lost it somewhere during one of my many moves in the service.

Associate Professor

Assistant Professor

Yea, newer phones don't draw much at all. As for the old ones, don't think many if any places in the States support pulse dialing anymore. I'd bet it will work fine with two newer phones connected in parallel to port 1.

Junior

@Liz wrote:

Hi Larry, 

Thank you for your patience as I sought an answer for you. Looks like we haven't tested connecting two phones to the Phone 1 port using that adapter, but my contact figures it should work. If you have the adapter, I'd give it a shot and if it doesn't work, let me know so I can let the VOIP team know so they're aware.

Both phones answer calls, ring loudly, and sound good! Love the twin bell ringing of the "Lucy phone". 

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your findings with us, Larry! 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Okay, so I hooked up my pre-WWII Western Electric phone because I love the ring, but on a whim today I tried making a call from it. It worked. A dial pulse phone!

Very cool, Larry! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,
Liz