Video Data Saver missing...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Video Data Saver missing...

My Video Data Saver is missing tonight.  I power cycled the modem and restarted my computer.  Neither helped.  It's not in the Usage Meter or the myAccount site.  Anyone else having this issue? 

Annotation 2018-11-19 234014.jpg

Annotation 2018-11-19 234137.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Gabe,

Thank you for letting us know. I apologize this is happening again. I will have this escalated for you. 

Thanks,

*Felicia*

View solution in original post

Hi Gabe,

Our devs checked the VDS config stuff in the background and say all look correct. Can you please let me know if the setting is there now? Please log out fully before logging back in to check. Might as well clear the browser cache as well to be on the safe side. 

If it's still missing, please take a screenshot so I can send to the devs. Thank you!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
maratsade

My VDS is missing too.  

vds-missing.png

Adjustments were made so Gabe and rusty in the other thread should see the VDS setting return in about 30 min. Curious to see if this applies to everyone or just those too, so maratsade, please check if VDS returns for you in 30 min as well.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GabeU

Wow.  That was quick!  Mine's back already, in both the Meter and on the My Account site (Settings tab).  I had to close the open Community and My Account pages and reopen them (and sign back in) for it to reappear, but it's there.  🙂  

Thanks, Liz!!!

maratsade

It hasn't returned yet.  EDIT:  And now it has.  🙂

EDIT 2: what's sad is I never noticed it was gone until today.  D'oh.

@Liz wrote:

Adjustments were made so Gabe and rusty in the other thread should see the VDS setting return in about 30 min. Curious to see if this applies to everyone or just those too, so maratsade, please check if VDS returns for you in 30 min as well.

Aha, interesting. Thanks maratsade!

maratsade

Tested the snooze button just for giggles -- even though it says 4 hours, the clock counts down from 9 hours. 

Hm, interesting, thanks for passing that along, maratsade. I'll keep note of this.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

Tested the snooze button just for giggles -- even though it says 4 hours, the clock counts down from 9 hours. 

It's been like that for a couple months for at least some of us. Was mentioned in a thread awhile back.

EDIT: Actually, this thread third post, by me. Smiley Tongue

maratsade

Yeah, you're right.  I thought the issue had been fixed and had come back...sorry, I don't use the VDS (never snooze it or disable it) so I don't even notice if the button's there or not.  🙂

@BirdDog wrote:

It's been like that for a couple months for at least some of us. Was mentioned in a thread awhile back.

maratsade

Yeah, you're right.  I thought it had been fixed and had come back...sorry, I don't touch the VDS at all ever,  so I don't even notice if the button's there or not.  🙂

@BirdDog wrote:

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

It's like déjà vu all over again, eh?  😛  

Mine's still doing it, too.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Comments about smaller problems do get buried sometimes only to eventually be resurrected and then noticed.

tenor.gif

Thanks for chiming in maratsade, I'll send over your info to engineering too. 

Good morning Gabe,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the VDS setting's disappearing act. I'm sending these to our engineers as well so they can figure out why this keeps happening. Please keep us informed and I'll post back with any news once I get it.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

stevef
Junior

Just switched from Gen4 to Gen5.

2 hours of new Net, I don't see any Video Data Saving, or Settings or Video Settings. It should be there, under the "My Account", but it's not there. I tried to contact Customers Service on chat, but they just gave a phone number. I don't see how talking on phone is better than telling on Chat what that problem is. Either way, if so many people are complaining about it for weeks and week, yet I see no Technician addressing the issue, then it looks like a serious problem. 😕

GabeU

@stevef 

I understand that you're new to the Community, but the widespread issue, which just started within the last day or two, IS being addressed, as is referenced In the Announcement area of the main page of the Community.  Engineers ARE working on it.   

At the same time, the issue which caused me to start this thread was not common.  Until the present issue, I'd hardly call three people over a two month period "so many people."  And, as you'll notice in this thread, the Engineers were, in fact, addressing it.    

Capture.JPG

Likely a simple database access/privileges error. There have been other things that seem to pop in and out in the past, just not as noticable.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I found it on the main page, earlier today, good to see they are on the issue now. 🙂 

Hi Steve,

Thanks for speaking up, I want to send over your info to our engineers working on this. Please tell me when you first noticed the VDS setting missing. Is it still missing now?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

GabeU

Mine's playing hide and seek again tonight.  😛

It'll show back up soon, no doubt.

Edit:  Sure enough, it's back.  

I went to the Settings page on the My Account site (I had to manually type the address as the Settings tab wasn't there), and there was no VDS control.  I had to do something away from the computer for a little over an hour and I forgot to close the page before stepping away.  When I returned to the computer I refreshed the page and the control was there.  The Settings tab still isn't there, but I'm sure if I closed and re-opened my browser it would be.  I closed and re-started the Usage Meter and Video Settings is now there.  🙂 

Edit 2:  Sure enough, the Settings tab was there after closing, then re-opening the browser.

I think that, from now on, I'm going to wait for an hour or so after I first notice the VDS control not being there and subsequently power cycling the modem, as a few times now I've seen it pop back up a short time afterward.  With that said, though, I don't know for sure that power cycling the modem has anything to do with bringing it back.  It could just be a coincidence.  Again, though, from now on I'll wait for that time just to give it a chance. 🙂  

Thanks for the update Gabe, keep us updated please. Our engineers are still working on this, so I keep them updated with any ongoing complaints about the missing VDS.