cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tevansnc
Freshman

WPS button on HT2000w

Good Afternoon All,

I just received my Gen5 upgrade and all seems awesome so far. Installer was great and a familer face from the last time I had trouble.  I am trying to connect my printer to the system, and failing,  when I push WPS button nothing seems to happen. Button has no decernable click just feels mushy and no light comes on or blinks. There Is no indicatation of it working at all. Is this normal? I know my printer does not see the router after I push the button. 

I appreciate any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I personally have a dislike for WPS buttons...  It's always best to enter the password of the wifi network when trying to connect...

That aside, your device may not support the Wifi Encryption method the HT2000w uses by default, this could be due to the age of the device, or software of the device.  In the case of a Wireless adapter for your computer, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed.  You can usually download the drivers from the manufacture of your computer, or of the wireless adapter.

Your device may not support the Wifi Encryption method the HT2000w uses by default, this could be due to the age of the device, or software of the device. In the case of a Wireless adapter for your computer, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed. You can usually download the drivers from the manufacture of your computer, or of the wireless adapter.

To change from the default WPA2 AES encryption method to WPA/WPA2 TKIP+AES mode, please follow the steps below.

1: In your browser go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com or http://192.168.0.1
2: On the left hand side, click on "Wifi Settings"
photo FqLMvVM.jpg
3: You will be presented with a logon screen, the default password is admin

4: Select either 2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, or 5Ghz Guest, which ever network your device is trying to connect to
5: Select the WPA Mode and set to WPA/WPA2 - the Cipher Suite should change from AES to TKIP+AES
photo hPJN2W4.jpg
6: Click Save Settings
7: Try to reconnect your device using the proper password for the wifi network.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

I've noticed this, too. That button definitely needs some better kind of tactile or visual feedback to let you know something is happening.

What I did was select the WPS Push Button option on my phone, then I gripped the modem to keep it from moving, firmly pressed the WPS button in as far as I could, and then held it for a few seconds. The phone connected almost immediately.

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Thank you for the reply. I just tried that a few times in a row and still no love.  Now I am not sure if it is the printer having trouble seeing the router in the modem or if the WPS doesn't work. All of my other devices connected without having to push the button. I have looked at and tried the possible solutions I have seen in other threads and nothing has worked yet. 

If it helps any the printer is an HP 3052a 

Have you tried just doing it Old School and manually entering the wireless password into your printer? 
Other info: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/WPS-Error-on-DeskJet-3050A/td-p/1605779
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/How-to-connect-my-hp-deskjet-3052a-to-my-router/td-p/18...

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Thank you for the response and the links. I just spent a couple hours going through all the steps and solutions supplied in the links and looked through their support forum. Still no luck. I guess I wil keep researching and hope I stumble across a solution. Smiley Sad

I wish there was a way to verify that pushing the WPS button was actually doing something. I fear it is not. 

Ok so I have tried everything to get this darn printer to connect. Is there a way to verify operation of the WPS button on the HT2000w ? 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I personally have a dislike for WPS buttons...  It's always best to enter the password of the wifi network when trying to connect...

That aside, your device may not support the Wifi Encryption method the HT2000w uses by default, this could be due to the age of the device, or software of the device.  In the case of a Wireless adapter for your computer, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed.  You can usually download the drivers from the manufacture of your computer, or of the wireless adapter.

Your device may not support the Wifi Encryption method the HT2000w uses by default, this could be due to the age of the device, or software of the device. In the case of a Wireless adapter for your computer, please make sure you have the latest drivers installed. You can usually download the drivers from the manufacture of your computer, or of the wireless adapter.

To change from the default WPA2 AES encryption method to WPA/WPA2 TKIP+AES mode, please follow the steps below.

1: In your browser go to http://systemcontrolcenter.com or http://192.168.0.1
2: On the left hand side, click on "Wifi Settings"
photo FqLMvVM.jpg
3: You will be presented with a logon screen, the default password is admin

4: Select either 2.4Ghz, 2.4Ghz Guest, 5Ghz, or 5Ghz Guest, which ever network your device is trying to connect to
5: Select the WPA Mode and set to WPA/WPA2 - the Cipher Suite should change from AES to TKIP+AES
photo hPJN2W4.jpg
6: Click Save Settings
7: Try to reconnect your device using the proper password for the wifi network.

I bow to the master......  You are the man Corrosive !!!     Thank You very much.  I hope you have a great day !!!

Once again the proof of the importance of this forum and the people that are part of it. 

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!  HP all in one 2547 would not connect to wifi.  Simple fix I wish I found a week ago.