When are bonus bytes used?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ret2rom
Freshman

When are bonus bytes used?

When I logged onto my computer this morning at 6 AM I had 100% of my bonus bytes available.  According to the history usage, I used 212 MB (out out of my 1050 MB at 6 AM and another 139 between 6 AM and 7 AM before leaving for the day.  The graph shows no usage after that.  So I am puzzled as to why the status meter indicates I have only 36% of my daily service plan data left at 6 PM.  Shouldn't the data used between 6 AM and 7 AM PDT count towards bonus and not daily service plan?  I am confused as to when the bonus bytes are used since we seem to always run out of our daily service plan bytes and never use the bonus ones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ret2rom,

Thank you for your patience. The engineer confirmed for me that our graphs account for DST. He also checked in logs from June 9 and did not find anything that would have caused that anomaly you experienced that morning. I've sent you a complimentary token for the inconvenience so you may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for the free token. Please don't hesitate to drop by again if you have additional concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@Liz does anyone still have the ability to modify https://customercare.myhughesnet.com/ ???  Because there it states the following, which leads one to believe it also applies to Legacy customers...  Appears the last time it was touched was in 2015....

Great news for our HN9000/SPACEWAY customers! We’ve enhanced the Download Zone associated with your service plan so that it now works on YOUR local time, rather than our (Eastern) time. With this update, you no longer need to remember, convert, or schedule based on another time zone. All you need to do is remember that your Download Zone is from 2 am-8 am in your local time zone.

@C0RR0SIVE I'm not sure... we've been saying for a long time that we were getting rid of that site... I've heard again here that it's supposed to go away soon, but we'll see if that actually happens.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz,

It is not common for me to be on the computer before 7 AM.  However, I was on at 5 AM the other day and I did NOT notice this same problem.  Thank you for looking into this for me.  One other item of clarification....when I am looking at the usage history graph, are those times local?  Do they take into account daylight savings time?  Just wanted to make sure of that.

I believe the usage history is in your local time and that we do take daylight savings time into account. I've asked an engineer to confirm, I'll let you know when I hear back.

Hi ret2rom,

Thank you for your patience. The engineer confirmed for me that our graphs account for DST. He also checked in logs from June 9 and did not find anything that would have caused that anomaly you experienced that morning. I've sent you a complimentary token for the inconvenience so you may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for the free token. Please don't hesitate to drop by again if you have additional concerns.

Hi ret2rom,

Thank you for your patience. In looking at your account, I see you're on the ProPlus Gen3 plan. In your System Control Center (192.168.0.1), I see this, which indicates to me that your allowance resets at 5am PT and that the "Regular Period" (Anytime Period) ends at 2am PT. I've asked for further clarification, but I if your allowance resets at 5am, I would say that any usage after that would count towards your daily allowance.

-Liz

So when do the bonus bytes get used?  Only between 2 am and 5 am?  I know that my status meter is still blue at 7 am which would seem to indicate that the bonus period is in effect but apparently that is not the case.  This is unfortunately misleading.  And all the support documents seem to indicate that the bonus time should be between 2 am and 8 am local time.  I cannot find anything regarding a shorter bonus time period if you are a Gen 3 user.  Thank you for looking into this and I would appreciate further clarification.