Hughesnet Community

Why is Hughes.net soooooooooooo slooooooowwwwww today June 30, 2016?????

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ablstnlki121
Freshman

Why is Hughes.net soooooooooooo slooooooowwwwww today June 30, 2016?????

Terminal - Gateway Connectivity Test Thu Jun 30 16:32:51 2016
 Packet Loss: 0.00%
Average Delay: 648.00 ms
Minimum Delay: 550.00 ms
Maximum Delay: 1130.00 ms

It has been impossibly slow today, no rain nor wind here.  Just Hughes baddddd lack of service. 
Many pages were slow to load if they ever did. 

And I did several things to clear history and Disk Clean up.

Then I added a token and it did not show up....

Is the Hughes Net Satellite in the sky broken today????? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SLC   Salt Lake City..

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
Pawnee County

Thanks I will print this as a .pdf and not loose it this time. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Gary,

Here is a link to the main "project" topic that I will update if I EVER get some time:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/beams-gateways-and-loading-overloading

That info is for Echostar17 Gen4 gateways.

I will have to dig to get more info in Spaceway3 gateways ... rumor is "about" the same but with a few additional.

I'm really weak on 9000 stuff as I skipped that system .. going straight from a DW6000/HN7000s to a HT1100.

Still, save the link to the above because that will be the point of update and that topic gets buried fast due to lack of interest to the average user (until things stop working of course).

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Honestly don't know why Hughes won't provide them. Big corporate intellectual property or something? Would have thought they'd have shut down your project by now if not wanting it publicly available.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

BirdDog,

I think a "corporate" person needs to be so careful as to what they say .. they are so used to the "product" that something they take for granted very well could be "inside info".

Where as the mumblings of an old twice retired duffer such as myself can be overlooked/ignored as the "musings" of ... an "Old Duffer".

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

ablstnlki121
Freshman

WAN Info
Satellite Receive Signal Strength 86 

What does this mean?  Is my satellite dish not receiving fast enough?
Pawnee County

That is very low and explains the slowness and probably you  get lots of freeze ups.  Most likely an alignment or cable issue would be my guess unless there were storms or heavy cloud cover when you took the reading.
ablstnlki121
Freshman

Will Trees cause this interference?
Chris11
Alum

Hi ablstnlki12,

Yes, line of sight(LOS) is very important to a strong signal. When was your service installed. I've seen some installs become a problem once tress have regrown their leaves from winter. Do you have a clear view of the dish and its LOS? Your account info is linked with your community profile. So I'll go ahead and run some diagnostics in the mean time and see what I find. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris
Pawnee County

Like Chris said, just think of those leaves like hundreds of tiny dishes bouncing your signal everywhere but where it needs to go.  
Chris11
Alum

Hi ablstnlki12,

Your diagnostics definitely point to a bad LOS. I also see that you called in on the 17th of June. You spoke with an agent who offered a free dispatch due to LOS, but you declined because you wanted to get trees cut before this was done. Seems to still be the case here is that correct? Please let me know, I'd like to have a tech come out to your house. Just want to make sure this is OK with you first. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
ablstnlki121
Freshman

My Satellite dish was installed in about October 2012.  I have a 50' walnut tree about 30 feet from it and 2 others farther away.  Sad thing is tree services want as much money as a small load of logs would sell for to remove 1 tree...... But I think that is what I will have to do.  Not sure what you mean by clear view of the dish.  How far away could a tree be and cause problems for the signal?
ablstnlki121
Freshman

I still think I should get the trees removed before you send a tech out.  I will let you know how that turns out.  It may not be very soon--a few weeks.  If I can stand fighting with my internet that long..
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

The dish needs a clear view of the sky in the direction where the satellite is in space. Each location is different, the installers have an app on their on there phones that pinpoints the direction to point the dish.
Chris11
Alum

ablstnlki12,

I'm asking if you can see your dish from a safe place to determine if the LOS is clear. Your diagnostics show that their is an issue. But it could have nothing to do with trees. I say this mainly because of what I found here:

(will put new pic without SAN)

As you can see, for the past 90 days your service was above the dotted line which is Good. If you've had service since 2012, unless there was a new tree planted I don't think it could necessarily cause what you've experienced. Since the 19th(actually before), there is a major decline, which points to maybe a bad storm that caused the dish to shift. I think the best option is to send someone out to determine this. Won't cost you anything. All I would need is a good day and time to schedule it. 

Thanks,
Chris
Pawnee County

Chris you might want to edit out the DSS
Chris11
Alum

Gary,

Thanks I caught it early

- Chris
Pawnee County

I see but if someone has POP or IMAP it will remain on their PC after you edit it out it did on mine just FYI.  I do see the graph it just suddenly fell off the grid so to speak.  I am with you it doesn't seem like trees more like the alignment is off by Wind or Water. 
Chris11
Alum

Hi ablstnlki12,

It's been some time since we last heard from you. I also don't see anymore calls in for support since. I want to make sure we take care of you here. Please check my last message and suggestion about the tech. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris