cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Hughes.net soooooooooooo slooooooowwwwww today June 30, 2016?????

Freshman

Re: Why is Hughes.net soooooooooooo slooooooowwwwww today June 30, 2016?????

My Satellite dish was installed in about October 2012.  I have a 50' walnut tree about 30 feet from it and 2 others farther away.  Sad thing is tree services want as much money as a small load of logs would sell for to remove 1 tree...... But I think that is what I will have to do.  Not sure what you mean by clear view of the dish.  How far away could a tree be and cause problems for the signal?
Freshman

I still think I should get the trees removed before you send a tech out.  I will let you know how that turns out.  It may not be very soon--a few weeks.  If I can stand fighting with my internet that long..
Assistant Professor

The dish needs a clear view of the sky in the direction where the satellite is in space. Each location is different, the installers have an app on their on there phones that pinpoints the direction to point the dish.
Alum

ablstnlki12,

I'm asking if you can see your dish from a safe place to determine if the LOS is clear. Your diagnostics show that their is an issue. But it could have nothing to do with trees. I say this mainly because of what I found here:

(will put new pic without SAN)

As you can see, for the past 90 days your service was above the dotted line which is Good. If you've had service since 2012, unless there was a new tree planted I don't think it could necessarily cause what you've experienced. Since the 19th(actually before), there is a major decline, which points to maybe a bad storm that caused the dish to shift. I think the best option is to send someone out to determine this. Won't cost you anything. All I would need is a good day and time to schedule it. 

Thanks,
Chris

Chris you might want to edit out the DSS
Alum

Gary,

Thanks I caught it early

- Chris

I see but if someone has POP or IMAP it will remain on their PC after you edit it out it did on mine just FYI.  I do see the graph it just suddenly fell off the grid so to speak.  I am with you it doesn't seem like trees more like the alignment is off by Wind or Water. 
Alum

Hi ablstnlki12,

It's been some time since we last heard from you. I also don't see anymore calls in for support since. I want to make sure we take care of you here. Please check my last message and suggestion about the tech. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
Freshman

I just got Gen 5.  Seems faster. 

Can you please tell me where my gateway is--

IP Gateway Association StateAssociated (Data IPGW - J2SLC...............
Highlighted

SLC   Salt Lake City..

View solution in original post