Hughesnet Community

Why is my 50GB plan reduced by 5GB at the start of July?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybercycle1
Junior

Why is my 50GB plan reduced by 5GB at the start of July?

Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 7.53.29 AM.pngI am on the Gen5 50GB plan, but today (July 1st) when the usage status would usually show I am starting the month with 50GB's, it now shows my plan is 45GB.  Why was my plan changed or is this an error?

Good morning cybercycle1,

Thanks for posting, I pulled up your account to have a closer look. As maratsade mentioned, there were plan changes and this happened in February.  Back then your 30 GB plan changed to the 45 GB plan, so technically, your usage meter is correct now. 🙂 Looking at a sampling of your bills just prior to Feb 2022 they show you on the 30 GB plan, and afterwards it's the 45 GB plan. Hope that clears things up.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

That's so weird. Didn't they increase all 50 GB plans to 75 GB plans?

Well....I guess they missed my account.  I hope they can get this fixed.

I do too! Very weird. 

Liz

Good morning cybercycle1,

Thanks for posting, I pulled up your account to have a closer look. As maratsade mentioned, there were plan changes and this happened in February.  Back then your 30 GB plan changed to the 45 GB plan, so technically, your usage meter is correct now. 🙂 Looking at a sampling of your bills just prior to Feb 2022 they show you on the 30 GB plan, and afterwards it's the 45 GB plan. Hope that clears things up.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!