WiFi Modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kedens
New Poster

WiFi Modem

5g speed droped offline.   Only 2g listed for wifi.  Cannot log on to modem to check configuration or do a controlled reboot.  What are my options other than unplug power and hope for a good reset?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kedens

I would try a power cycle.  Unplug the modem at the wall outlet or power brick (NOT at the back of the modem), wait for at least 30 seconds, then plug the modem back in.  Then wait about five minutes and try to reconnect.  

You could also try restarting the device.  

With this said, if you're seeing the 2.4Ghz WiFi listed you should still be able to connect to that and log on in order to check the WiFi settings in the modem.    

View solution in original post

Brooke
Alum

Hi kedens, thanks for posting and I see you're new to the community, welcome! Apologies on the delay, I pulled up your account to double check your 5g network wasn't disconnected and it's still on. 

As Gabe said, you can view your settings as long as you're connected to one of your HughesNet wi-fis. I hope this suggestion worked for you, let us know if you have questions!

-Brooke

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kedens

I would try a power cycle.  Unplug the modem at the wall outlet or power brick (NOT at the back of the modem), wait for at least 30 seconds, then plug the modem back in.  Then wait about five minutes and try to reconnect.  

You could also try restarting the device.  

With this said, if you're seeing the 2.4Ghz WiFi listed you should still be able to connect to that and log on in order to check the WiFi settings in the modem.    

Brooke
Alum

Hi kedens, thanks for posting and I see you're new to the community, welcome! Apologies on the delay, I pulled up your account to double check your 5g network wasn't disconnected and it's still on. 

As Gabe said, you can view your settings as long as you're connected to one of your HughesNet wi-fis. I hope this suggestion worked for you, let us know if you have questions!

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Hi kedens, I hope the issue has been handled, since I haven't heard back from you. I'm going to close this thread, but please don't hesitate to reach out and start a new thread if you have issues in the future!

Thank you!

-Brooke