cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail delivery failure - 2

Highlighted
Freshman

e-mail delivery failure - 2

(Note - starting new thread per Hughes net support request)

I am experiencing e-mail delivery issues over the last two weeks.  I usually do not receive an NDR until 2-3 days after sending the e-mail.  It appears to only happen on e-mails with attached documents.  On the most current NDR there are two errors attached. 

The first is an exceeded max retries without delivery.

Here is the text from the second:

X-CM-Score: 0
X-Scanned-by: Cloudmark Authority Engine
Authentication-Results: smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com header.from=xxx@hughes.net; sender-id=softfail
Authentication-Results: smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com smtp.mail=xxx@hughes.net; spf=softfail; sender-id=softfail
Authentication-Results:  smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com smtp.user=xxx@hughes.net; auth=pass (LOGIN)
Received-SPF: softfail (smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com: transitional domain hughes.net does not designate 184.53.1.144 as permitted sender)
Received: from [184.53.1.144] ([184.53.1.144:10678] helo=
 by smtp.hughes.net 
 (ecelerity 2.2.3.49 r(42060/42061)) with ESMTPA
 id 21/B2-05876-16B0AEE5; Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:24:42 -0400
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:23:54 -0400
Message-ID: <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAABWNWZdXt8NFn/Vv4BHKJIMBAMO2jhD3dRHOtM0AqgC7tuYAAAAAAA4AABAAAAAggvsWqe4wS6GiNF+mW9/oAQAAAAA=@hughes.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000E_01D64480.B33CD7A0"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 16.0
Thread-Index: AQJP57ALkCsaupkegTJiCCeQ0fNirqfpdNpA
Content-Language: en-us

Posting rules removed some HTML code from error message - I can provide full error text if provided an alternate method to provide.  Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Tags (0)

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: e-mail delivery failure - 2

Good morning EMZ,

Thanks for the full error message, this is certainly helpful! So to be clear, if you send an e-mail without attachment to the same e-mail address, it sends successfully? 

Please private message me the e-mail address(es) to which you're trying to send e-mails with attachments, the e-mail address from which you're sending, as well as the full error message.

Are you trying to send via webmail or are you using a third party client like Outlook to manage your HughesNet e-mail account?

Since you said this started about two weeks ago, sending e-mails with attachments to that particular e-mail address used to work at some point?

Do you recall any changes to your system/settings two weeks ago?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

It seams to bounce back mostly with emails that have attachments.  I can not be 100% sure that all mail has reached intended target as I was not monitoring general mail as it was less critical.  I looked back and I had a couple of NDRs as early as April but they became more prevelant in June.

I do use Outlook most of the time.  Occationally I use web mail but it is not very convienent.  Outlook is configured per instructions found on the Hughes Net community.

I am trying to PM the full email addresses how ever I am experiencing an authentication error trying to do so.  I will keep trying.  Any suggestions on how to get info to you privately would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

EMZ,

I think the only way to contact the mods on this site is by sending them a private message. 

When are you seeing the authentication error? Is this when you try to send a PM?  What does the error text say?

Highlighted

Hi EMZ,

Thank you for this information and for the private message with the requested e-mail addresses. Let me escalate this to our e-mail admins to address. I'll post back once I have any updates or additional questions.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

I received another NDR today.  This e-mail did not have any attachments and was a plain text note.  Here is the error received;

Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.hughes.net
Arrival-Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:06:06 -0400
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max retries without delivery
Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxxx@statefarm.com
Action: failed
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:06:06 -0400
Highlighted

Good morning EMZ,

Thank you for this, I will send this over to the e-mail admins as well. I'll keep you posted on any updates as I receive them.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz