email delivery problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffrey Leach
Sophomore

email delivery problem

My medical provider has an interface that mediates between provider and client. It is, as you might immagine, behind a firewall. When a provider sends a message to a client, the system sends a "You have mail" email to the client, using regular email protocols.

My issue is that much of the time the email that they are supposed to send does not appear in my HughesNet mailbox.

Wonderful opportunity for finger pointing?

In response to my request for a log, this is what I received:

You can let your email provider know that our email notifications are sent from the following email address: MYCHART.SUPPORT@UCDMC.UCDAVIS.EDU The SMTP response codes for the emails sent to your email address indicate that the messages are being successfully delivered from our system to their recipient email server. The most recent email message sent to you was on 10/22/20 at 5:25 pm Pacific time.

Is it possible to use this data to determine what might have happened? FWIW, I clear my mailbox hourly and delete messages once they are downloaded. The referenced email is not in my trash folder.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. The e-mail admins made some adjustments on our side which will hopefully allow these e-mail notifications to get to you. Please let me know whenever one of these e-mails arrive.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Liz

Good morning Geoffrey,

Thank you for this information, it helps. Our e-mail admins investigated and found spam imprints for the sender. If possible, please privately message me an example of one of the e-mails so our admins can see what's triggering our spam detector.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Geoffrey,

Got your PM, this is perfect. I've sent it over to our e-mail admins. I'll post back once I have any news or additional questions for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Geoffrey,

Can you please fwd me another example e-mail, this time forwarding to communitysupport@hughes.com? With a copy of the e-mail, our admins should have the full picture for analysis. 

Please let me know here once you've fwd'd to that e-mail so I can check.

Thanks,

Liz

Liz,

Sorry, I don't understand. Which email are you asking me to forward?

Any progress on a resolution?

Good morning Geoffrey,

The e-mail admins would like another example of the e-mails if possible. Based on what you sent me last time, our e-mail admins investigated and found spam imprints for the sender. Another example of one of the e-mails may help our admins see what's triggering our spam detector.

-Liz

Got it, Geoffrey, thanks! I've sent these over to the e-mail admins for analysis. I'll post back once I have any news.

-Liz

Good morning Geoffrey,

Thank you for your patience while your e-mail admins reviewed your latest e-mail examples. I've PMed you with their suggestions for the sender to prevent these e-mail notifications from being flagged.

-Liz

PM has been forwarded to MyChart tech support. Thanks.

Great! If they have any questions, feel free to let me know.

-Liz

Reply from sender's tech support; A polite middle finger.

The configuration for our e-mail tickers cannot be changed per Hughes.net suggestion. If you do not wish to have the e-mail tickers we send go to spam I would suggest asking their support how to prevent certain e-mail senders from going to spam. They should have a workaround for this.

Oof. Thanks for this. Let me see what our e-mail admins have to say about this.

-Liz

Good morning Geoffrey,

Our e-mail admins are working to add this domain to the allow list to address your concerns. I'll let you know once it's complete.

-Liz

Good morning Geoffrey,

Can you please confirm if e-mails from MyChart are being delivered as expected now? 

-Liz

I've asked their techies to sendme something as a test. I will update when that happens.

Perfect! Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

UCD tech support replied to my request for a test at 0945 today. I did not receive the expected email. 

FWIW, the Hudhesnet email interface has a setting for "Blocked and Allowed Senders". Under "Allowed Senders and Domains", I have the entry "mychart.support@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu". This does not appear to have the effect of passing email from ucdavis.

Not sure it it will allow this, but try changing it to:

@*.ucdavis.edu

In theory, that should allow anything from the ucdavis.edu domain, regardless of subdomain or username.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Good morning Geoffrey,

Thanks for this update, I've let our e-mail admins know. I'll post back once I have any other news or additional instructions.

-Liz

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. The e-mail admins made some adjustments on our side which will hopefully allow these e-mail notifications to get to you. Please let me know whenever one of these e-mails arrive.

Thanks,

Liz