cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hooterville
Senior

email problems

Hello,

I am once again having trouble getting email.  It seems to be working fine on my phone but I can't seem to access it on my computer.  When I try to get email this is the message I get - 

HTTP ERROR 504
Problem accessing ZCS upstream server. Reason: Cannot connect to the ZCS upstream server. Connection timeout.
Possible reasons:

upstream server is blocked by a firewall
upstream server is failing to send back the response in time
upstream server is down
Please contact your ZCS administrator to fix the problem.

Powered by Nginx-Zimbra://

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mary S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning Mary,

Thank you for your patience, our e-mail admins have resolved this so email should be accessible again. Please don't hesitate to drop by again if you have other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Liz

Hi Mary,

Thanks for posting and providing the error message, that helps a great deal! When you access your HughesNet email via phone, are you using a third party mail client or are you logging into the HughesNet site and tapping on the My Email link in the top right corner like in this screenshot?:

When trying on the computer, which browser are you using? Does the error pop up in a different browser?

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hello Liz,

When on the computer I have tried two different browsers, Chrome and Edge.  Neither one work.   I got the same error notice in both browsers. 

I just tried once again to access my email on Chrome and got this message - Network request failed with status 504- "Gateway Time-out"

On my phone I am using the mail app that came with the phone (iPhone).  This works.  I am not using the Hughesnet site on my phone.

Mary

Good morning Mary,

Thank you for your patience, our e-mail admins have resolved this so email should be accessible again. Please don't hesitate to drop by again if you have other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

Thank you Liz,

Things seem to working good now.

Mary S.

Wonderful, I appreciate the confirmation!

-Liz

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I tested this (all browsers), and it was the same as the last time , Error 504, connection to upstream timeout.  The last time this happened to Mary, I tested it too, got the same error, but the issue was fixed within a few minutes. 

Edit @1:27 p.m.: Webmail is loading for me now (much more slowly than usual, though). 2:11 p.m., email down again, Error 504 is back. 

Thanks for the clarification, Mary!

Thanks for also checking, maratsade, I'll include this in the new note I'll add to the escalated case.

-Liz

Edit: The email admins are working on this now. I'll post back once I have more updates.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I can open Webmail just fine now. It's a bit slower than usual but it opens.

Hello Marastade,

I have checked this morning and it is working okay now.  Yesterday afternoon it was working but very slow as you said.  It took a long time to respond.