Hughesnet Community

"This page can't be displayed" Joined HughesNet 9 days ago & on phone w/cust. svc. over 10 hrs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stongate
Sophomore

"This page can't be displayed" Joined HughesNet 9 days ago & on phone w/cust. svc. over 10 hrs

In IE, states "This Page can't be displayed, in Safari, states cannot connect with server, in Chrome, states I am offline.

Time of day does not matter and device does not matter. Have cleared cache, connected device directly to modem with ethernet cable, changed DNS address, restarted modem and device.

It appears "Amanda" Moderator was able to help "Don4" on 6-20-2016 and seems to have resolved his issue.  I am at my wit's end. 

Please HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update, service technician came to the house and replaced the radio receiver on the external dish at my house on July 23rd. I have had almost no downtime since it was replaced.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@stongate

Are you able to bring up the System Control Center by typing 192.168.0.1 into the address box and hitting enter?  If so, are both boxes at the top of the page green?  

How are you connected to the HT2000W?  Directly with a LAN cable or through WiFi?  

Both lights are green. Have had laptop connected by ether net and connected by wifi. Called customer service yesterday afternoon. They had wrong serial # of modem. Got that fixed, worked for 6 hours then exactly at 11 pm central time lost internet connection on all devices

When I do ipconfig from my command prompt it shows the modem address as 192.169.42.1, which doesn't match the 192.169.0.1 address it should be.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The modem is a combo router and modem...  Having a LAN side address of 192.168.41.x is normal, as that is the router side IP address.  192.168.0.1 is the modem side of the unit which reports the status of everything.

Ok, but I'm still not connected.

The guy with Home Tech Support said that was an issue is the reason I brought it up. He also said there was an initial setup issue on HughesNet end which is why I haD Internet service the first day, then yesterday when the new modem was finally entered in HughesNet end yesterday and then at 11 pm on the dot last night I lost connectivity.

If of any interest to HughesNet the reference numbers I kept track of are 104675337, 104678239, 104717891, 104718621, 104752791, and 104763669

Right now I can't even connect to 192.168.0.1 thru wifi
GabeU

@stongate

I don't know if you are using the 5Ghz radio for WiFi, but just in case you are, the 5Ghz radio in the HT2000W has given some people issues, such as dropped signals.  Hughesnet is aware of the issue and they are working on a solution.  

Might this be what happened when you lost your internet at 11PM CST, after it had initially been fixed?  If so, you should still be able to connect with the 2.4Ghz radio, or, conversely, with a direct LAN connection.  

People that have had the issue with the 5Ghz radio have found a temporary solution in restarting the modem, but that becomes a pain after a while, so using the 2.4Ghz band is probably a better solution.  

Or, are you just still not able to connect, no matter what?  

I am on the 2.4 ghz and cant connect. I have tried both bands and can't get Internet connection with either one.
GabeU

Well, I'm out of ideas.  Perhaps someone else will have some.  I wish you luck.  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sorry no help but just an observation. I thought the new combined modem was supposed to fix all these kinds of issues people had with wireless. Guess not.

I personally love having the use of both bands on my ASUS router and never a problem accessing both. Really beginning to look like a case of "lowest bidder" syndrome.

All the problems here with the wireless side of the modem/gateway, especially the 5 GHz side, is not good. And this site is usually representative of only a small fraction of those having problems.

Sure hope they come out with a firmware or hardware change soon. Although the latter fix would be quite expensive for them.

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

I thought the new combined modem was supposed to fix all these kinds of issues people had with wireless. Guess not. 

I think it does for a lot of people, at least in the most basic sense.  I do wish that they had included a traffic meter in the router's GUI, but it doesn't at all surprise me that they didn't.  I don't think the overall number of people experiencing the 5Ghz radio problem is large, but it's enough that they are acknowledging it and working on a fix, so it's definitely not just a few, isolated incidences.   

I, personally, like the fact that I don't have to have a separate piece of equipment to connect wirelessly.  I connect that way so seldomly that I would normally not even have my router connected, and would take it out of the nearby cupboard and connect it when I needed to use it.  The HT2000W makes it easier, and less cluttered.  I think it's more simple for people to set up, too.  With that said, again, it's a very basic router, and may not have the bells and whistles people may be expecting these days.  It's enough for me, though, with the exception of my cell phone.  My cell works just fine with my Netgear router, but I can't get it to connect to the HT2000W, no matter what changes I make.  

Anybody else have any possible solutions? If not I'm cancelling this week. I can't take another customer service call where they say "everything appears to be fine on our end" then ask me "what's the weather there", "how close are you to the modem", "what de ices are connected", "can you connect directly to modem on ethe net cable", "can you run speed test", etc., etc., etc., and I can't get them to read the previous notes and let them know I am having the same issue as all my other service calls and to skip ahead to another possible solution than the 20 things I tried before I called them each time. Just beyond puzzling why it worked perfectly the first half day then first day I got second modem working and the rest of the time ...nothing.

Personally  I would disable  all modem internal wireless functions until such time as a new HT2000W  firmware update is released.

I would  then use a personal router, preferably  one with a data tracking function.

Set the router  LAN  IP to 192.168.1.1  so as to avoid IP conflicts  with the Hughes modem.

Enable DHCP in the routers internal settings.

Change the default GUI username and password, enable wireless  encryption  on both 24 and 5 GHZ frequencies.

Disable all guest accounts  as well as WPS  and remote access.

I suggest an Asus model  that has the Traffic Analyzer  function.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Stongate...

First, what type of device, and operating system are you trying to connect with?

Second, connect to the HT2000w with a known good network cable.

Third, insure you have your Network Adapter set to Automatic so that it requests an IP address, as well as DNS address.

Fourth, visit http://192.168.0.1 and tell us exactly what you see.

If you are unable to test with a WIRED connection, then unplug the modem at the wall for a few minutes, and shut your computer down.  Then plug your HT2000w up, give it about 5 minutes to boot and register, then try turning your computer or device back on and connect to the device.

With laptop device, have been using IE and have connected with ethernet cable that is known to work. Network adapter is set to automatic. Couldn't connect to http://192.168.0.1 so unplugged modem, turned off laptop, waited five minutes to plug in modem, plugged in modem, waited 5 minutes before turning on laptop. Then turned laptop back on, opened up IE, typed in http://192.168.0.1. It states This page can't be displayed. Make sure Web address http://192.168.0.1 is correct. Look for the page in your search engine. Refresh the page in a few minutes.

None of my devices recognize the IP address 192.168.0.1 but all devices can load google, yahoo, Facebook websites. When I use search engine for Google I can't click on any other links of websites I want to visit.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I did