wow

Sophomore

Re: wow

It is not possible to play. Screenshot (661).png

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Sophomore

Yeah, neat tool it came out 502.38 when I entered the beam etc.  But when it was last working like thas was early last year, spring 2019. The photo's I posted I can't even get to load but if anyone can see them they show the latency I get 628ms immediatly going up continuously like within 5 seconds  2100, 3500, 6800,12000, 16000 I don't remember it getting above 16000 ms but the photo I uploaded today was 14368ms.  I don't think anyone else on Hughes.net is getting that kind of latency. Usually when it tops off at say 12000-16000ms it goes down to like 4000-8000ms. Those numbers don't allow for anything other than logging in and logging out. I am surprised I can even log in. 

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Senior

@lm8542 wrote:

Yeah, neat tool it came out 502.38 when I entered the beam etc.  But when it was last working like thas was early last year, spring 2019. The photo's I posted I can't even get to load but if anyone can see them they show the latency I get 628ms immediatly going up continuously like within 5 seconds  2100, 3500, 6800,12000, 16000 I don't remember it getting above 16000 ms but the photo I uploaded today was 14368ms.  I don't think anyone else on Hughes.net is getting that kind of latency. Usually when it tops off at say 12000-16000ms it goes down to like 4000-8000ms. Those numbers don't allow for anything other than logging in and logging out. I am surprised I can even log in. 

I've gotten 44,000 latency.

It's better in the morning/afternoon.  Evenings will kill you.

Highlighted
Sophomore

44,000ms is worse than anything I have ever gotten but I don't have the patience to click and wait 3 minutes and click etc. I have to stop paying for wow until we have a better connection.Thanks for your response. Wish you better luck than I .lol

Highlighted
Senior

For giggles, I did a traceroute to the servers for World of Warcraft (West), Final Fantasy XIV (Montreal), and Guild Wars 2.

WoW had two hops time out.  Guild Wars 2 had three.  And FF14 had one.

I don't know if that means anything.  The servers at those particular hops may simply be rejecting test probes, though sometimes they will work.

I know GW2 can be a nightmare because you get very little time to move out of the way of a telegraphed attack.

WoW is more fogiving, but those high latency spikes make even that just hair-pulling.

Maybe FF14 is more workable.  idk. They have a lot of fights with a lot of complicated things.  On the plus side, it is heavily scripted, so if you learn the script, it is easier to anticipate and pre-move/pre-cast.