Hughesnet Community

Caregiver needs help with remote cam viewing, (Ring??) of my home-bound husband...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlaDC
New Poster

Caregiver needs help with remote cam viewing, (Ring??) of my home-bound husband...

Ok, I've read many posts and am still paralized with confusion. Lately I have purchased several products that are supposed to let me remotely view my husband in the house while I am outside...a quick run to the store, in the yard, etc. but nothing is working as I need it to work. Now I am looking at the "Ring" because I can watch it from my Android, call emergency services if needed, use more than one camera??, so on and so forth. I am 65 and am a bit computer savy but not like some of you that can rattle things off in a moment so, for this purpose, let's say I'm not tech savy at all. I'm sure I only have the very basic Hughes net plan as my husband and I are retired, (earlier than planned because of his health), and don't have an endless bank account to support a really large jump in HughesNet costs to a better plan. I also live in a wooded area in a very small town with AT&T as our cell phone provided WHICH provides VERY POOR service out here!!! Constantly dropped calls or dead service INSIDE the home - the reason we have HughesNet and not some faster big city internet. So, here's what I need: A service like Ring that will let me observe my husband when I run up to the store or am outside...mowing the yard, etc.. I'd like to be able to call 911 if needed and have two way conversation abilities. So, that means I would need to uses what HughesNet is providing us with a remote viewing device (Ring??). So many products I've researched come so close to working until ... for example, I've read in these forums that some people are using a certain remote viewing device only to find when they switch to HughesNet that that device is no longer supported and therefore they can no longer used it. If you are using a remote viewing device through HughesNet Wifi or even a straight USB connection, please let me know what device it is and...everything I would need to know. Thank you so much! I am exhausted with researching and my husband's health has come to a place that I can rarely leave him unless I can watch him and then be able to call 911 if needed. Thanks again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

1 REPLY 1
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may want to read this thread:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Third-Party-Products/Security-Cameras/m-p/109021/highlight/true#M...

Looks like Nest cameras work fine.