Re: Problems using cell phones over WiFi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marionmorris359
New Poster

Re: Problems using cell phones over WiFi

I have a Verizon Extender that worked perfectly over a month ago even with the Hughes Network WIFI.  But about 2 weeks ago anyone I called or that called me could not understand me as they said my voice was fading in and out.  Verizon did various checks on the extender and told me it was not the extender but with Hughes.  I upgraded with hughes which cost me more and still no help, same problem!! 

3 REPLIES 3
MarkJFine
Professor

It's the latency inherent in all satellite systems. Hughes cannot guarantee the latency will be sufficiently low enough all the time to support any particular mobile system's requirements. There is a FAQ on this on-site.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Hardy

Hello marionmorris359,

Welcome to the Community! I am sorry to hear about the frustration with the Verizon Wi-Fi extender. According to Verizon, if you read  page 3 of this link  https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/network_extender_user_manual.pdf. it does specify that  Wi-Fi calling is not recommended due to a delay in your signal. If you have further questions, please ask! Thanks!

*Felicia*

Hardy

Marionmorris359,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

*Felicia*