cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gertieg
Sophomore

new install Gen5 this week

Hi,

We are changing to Gen5 this week. Current system is set up on 2nd story, with the dish located on the roof.  The problem with this is it is on the other side of the house from the Mac and our main living area downstairs so we use wifi to connect to the current modem. I would like to be able to plug ethernet directly into the Mac and Macbook Pro at our desk with new install.

I am hoping the installer will have knowledge of how to accomplish this. But I am also looking for input from others. Do I need to have a repeater on hand? Or another access point?

Thanks,

MdM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi gertieg,

Thanks for posting. You can always ask if the installer can move the modem to your ideal location. Alternatively, we do have a wifi booster available that can, as the name implies, strengthen your wifi signal in the house. Let us know how the upgrade goes!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Hi gertieg,

Thanks for posting. You can always ask if the installer can move the modem to your ideal location. Alternatively, we do have a wifi booster available that can, as the name implies, strengthen your wifi signal in the house. Let us know how the upgrade goes!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!