Hughesnet Community

Can there be an option added to the HughesNet Speedtest?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBuster
Senior

Can there be an option added to the HughesNet Speedtest?

An option to just run from the gateway would be nice.  For example, instead of sending data to/from Chicago or Dallas, have an option to just go to/from the gateway for the test.

Kind of a complement to the tests on the HT2000W System Control Center for the LAN Speed Test for LAN speed and TestMy.Net for Internet speed.

4 REPLIES 4
MarkJFine
Professor

Pretty sure the speed test that's here already is that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I thought so too, but recently it seems to have changed? 

With the Ookla speedtest acting up since the start of the year, I was trying the HughesNet test some more because I thought it was just going to the gateway and back, but there now seems to be a 'server selected', which is auto-selected....

Is this new?  I don't remember it, but I may not have noticed it.  It would be nice to have an option.

HughesNetSpeedtest1.png

Lol... New to me.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MrBuster 

If I remember correctly, it's been selecting a server for some time.  I remember when I was trying it out over the summer, just for some result comparisons, and it would sometimes choose that same server, which I thought was a little odd, considering it's nowhere near my gateway.  Still, I don't know how they're chosen.  I don't know how long it's been that way, though.