Community Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Community Error

Not sure if this is a problem with Firefox's updated tracking protection or a pileup on the network, but...

When trying to login to Community, SkyLogin has been generating a 404 page for /idp/error-404.jsp.

Hitting the back button then retrying to login works normally. Weird stuff.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I've had that issue too, intermittently. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Not sure if this is a problem with Firefox's updated tracking protection or a pileup on the network, but...

When trying to login to Community, SkyLogin has been generating a 404 page for /idp/error-404.jsp.

Hitting the back button then retrying to login works normally. Weird stuff.

Liz

Hi Mark,

So this is an intermittent error you're seeing just on Firefox? I checked if I would come across that error too, but logging in went as normal.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

I've seen it on Chrome too.  EDIT: I'll take a screenshot if it happens again. 

I've just noticed it in Firefox/75 so far.

Reason why I bring it up is because they've really clamped the tracking algorithms in this one. Had problems on other sites so am just wondering if the 404 was due to a cookie that wasn't set or a js that didn't work.

I'll try on Safari and Chrome as well.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Thanks folks! I'm going to escalate this to our devs so they're aware. I finally also ran into this error twice this morning trying to log in.

I'll pop back in if I have additional questions.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi folks,

Our devs addressed this on our end. Please let me know if you ever see this error pop up again.

Thank you!

-Liz

maratsade

I had the error again this morning, several times.  It was before 9 am, so it may have been before the tweak.  I'll report back if the error pops up again. 

Yeah the adjustment was made very recently so hopefully things are back to normal now. Thanks everyone for your help!

-Liz

GabeU

@MarkJFine 

I've been getting the same error off and on since it first started back on 4/18.  I didn't see it today, though, but I did yesterday.  

On Saturday it took me six tries to finally get in.  

I'm using Chrome.  

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I'm having this issue as well. I'm still using Gen4.

I got the error when I tried to reply.

maratsade

Here's the error on Chrome.  This happens when clicking the "Sign in/Register" button.   

skylogin-error-2020-04-28_1000.png