Hughesnet Community

Community acting strange tonight (3/11/2019)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Community acting strange tonight (3/11/2019)?

I realize that there probably aren't that many people on the Community at this late hour (10:02PM EST), but has anyone been noticing any "glitches" tonight?  

For instance:

1.  Signing in doesn't seem to sign in fully.  I'm presently signed in, but it doesn't show such at the top.

2.  The options, like My Account and the tabs beneath it, cannot be opened in new page (right click/open in new Window). 

3.  I try to check the notifications and it shows none.  It also gives me a message I've never seen before.

4.  I tried going to the HughesNet My Account page and it won't open. 

It also takes forever for a Community page to finish loading.  I noticed the notification thing a couple of hours ago, but the rest of this just started within the last half hour or so, at least for me.  

Showing as not signed in, but I am...

Screenshot (24).png

No "open in new window" option...

Screenshot (27).png

Notification page...

Screenshot (25).png

Opened a new Chrome Window and tried going to the HughesNet My Account page from a bookmark...

Screenshot (28).png

I hope that when I click "Post" it actually does so.

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU

I tried to edit my post to say that I'm not having issues with anything else tonight.   No other web pages are having a problem.  However, when I went to edit the first post to add this info, I gave up and instead decided to reply, as I was seeing the following.  Granted, I didn't wait that long to see if it resolved.  Maybe a minute or two.  

Screenshot (29).png

I should add that, before starting this thread, I shut everything down, then unplugged the modem.  I waited for a few minutes, then plugged the modem back in, and then waited a few before starting my computer.  It didn't make a difference.  This is with an ethernet cable connected desktop and with the WiFi disabled.

GabeU

Well, it's now 12:53AM EST, and it seems that things are back to normal.  I noticed that, after I had originally posted this, it wasn't just the Community.  Though my speeds were showing as fine at testmy.net, I was having all sorts of problems.  Pictures weren't loading on some sites, and Facebook was absolutely awful.  It was taking many minutes for a Facebook page to load.  It was terrible.  

It got to a point that I was going to restore my computer with a system image from November, but I tried everything again just before I did, and it was back to normal.  I didn't think that restoring would do anything, but at that point I figured I'd give it a try, and if it didn't make any difference, I would have just restored it back to my current version.  

So, hopefully everything is back to normal for good. 

I wonder what could have happened.  

maratsade

How weird.  I wasn't online last night at all, so I can't say if it was happening here. Did you run a traceroute? May have been something along the route that was temporarily down.

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't CenturyLink messing up.

Been battling with Cloudflare because their automated emails were batching up and not going out hours later than they were supposed to. They go through the same CenturyLink hub in LA as the SDO gateway that I'm on.

Cloudflare is also the CDN for AbuseIPDB which has mysteriously been going 'off-line' lately - for about a minute at a time. If that doesn't sound familiar: I've been seeing these gaps where downloads stop for about a minute before resuming, if they don't timeout and fail completely.

I still maintain that CenturyLink is still way broken. Everything points to them as the common denominator.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Weird... there is an ongoing degradation right now for some posts not appearing in community, but that's all I see. I can say I was trying to watch Harry Potter last night (please excuse my nerd) and it just completely stopped in its tracks around 9pm EST then was very poor quality afterwards. It is possible there is some kind of east coast hub thing going on. When these things happen I usually hop on downdetector.com to see if any CDNs or known providers are down - (akamai, AWS, level3, centurylink, etc). Let us know if you still encounter issues.

Amanda

GabeU

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.  If it happens again I'll try to do the things mentioned so that I can narrow down what might be causing it, or at least try to, anyway.   

Thanks again.  🙂