Has something changed recently?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Has something changed recently?

For some reason I've noticed several avis are not displaying: namely myself, GabeU, and maratsade.

I originally thought it could be a DNS problem and rebooted, but that hasn't changed anything.

If no one else is seeing this, pehaps my image cache is knackered?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
8 REPLIES 8
MarkJFine
Professor

Doing a page inspect, seems the 150x150 avi is there, but the 40x40 isn't

150x150: /t5/image/serverpage/image-id/716iBD3DE238EA0698B3/image-dimensions/150x150/image-coordinates/157%2C0%2C1395%2C1238?v=1.0

40x40: /t5/image/serverpage/image-id/716iBD3DE238EA0698B3/image-dimensions/40x40/image-coordinates/152%2C0%2C1386%2C1235?v=1.0

It also thinks the 40x40 image is supposed to be 24px × 24px (scaled to 64px × 20px), which is real weird.

Sumptin broke...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Ok... Went back in and re-saved my avi and seems to be ok. Either the file or a pointer to the file in my database record must have gotten crushed during an upgrade.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

For some reason I've noticed several avis are not displaying: namely myself, GabeU, and maratsade.

I originally thought it could be a DNS problem and rebooted, but that hasn't changed anything.

If no one else is seeing this, pehaps my image cache is knackered?

It's not just you.  I noticed the same thing with BirdDog's and one other person's (I forget who) starting a couple of weeks ago, but they appear to be back to normal.  I had no idea mine appeared that way to others.  LOL.  

maratsade

@MarkJFine, I see my own avi (somehow this sounds a tad dirty). What do you see? A blank space? 

@maratsade

What I saw was a the outline of a broken image link with the username for alt-text.

Was just the small avis for posts, not the larger one on your profile (tho most people use the same one).

Seems to be fixed now.

maratsade

@MarkJFine, Let's have a Twitter revolt over it, I say.  LOL

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade

What I saw was a the outline of a broken image link with the username for alt-text.

Was just the small avis for posts, not the larger one on your profile (tho most people use the same one).

Seems to be fixed now.

GabeU

@maratsade

What I was seeing was the following, like it's now doing for monicakm's avatar.

Capture.JPG

maratsade

Thanks, @GabeU!  I just checked the leaderboards to see if I would also see something similar, but all the users listed there have intact avatars.  Weird.