Hughesnet Community

I may get in trouble for this but..........

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I may get in trouble for this but..........

Just got rid of all the new Categories stuff at the top of the main page using Adblock. Did a manual element block and presto!

Now I'm going to be Barbara forever here.
81 REPLIES 81
GW
Advanced Tutor

When I click a link in an old email notification, I'm automatically taken to the correct page and logged in but the My Account info link at the upper right still drops down with wrong name and SAN.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I still get this error after logging in at SC then using the Community link button there:

Then when I come here directly it shows I'm not logged in. So I click here to log in and it logs me in without entering anything. Problem is I'm still logged in as Barbara. Really getting old. And I('ve cleared browser cache and tried other browsers.

GW
Advanced Tutor

Have you found a way to see your BirdDog ID here in the community without coming in the GS back door?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Nope. Amanda says they are continuing to work on it, your case to. At least not getting the Not Found error anymore and the log on from SC is carrying over, just not showing the correct credentials in My Account here.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I know, figured they could edit it, not even sure she is a real customer at this point.
GW
Advanced Tutor

After I log into my Hughes SC page, I have to log in again after I use the "COMMUNITY" link. I have to use IE for that.

If I try that in Chrome (even with all security disabled) I can't log in to the Community by chasing the Hughes Community link from the Hughes SC page. Most of the time Chrome won't give me a log in page and when it does, GS won't accept my Hughes log in credentials. Even when I start with a fresh Chrome with cleared cache and cookies, I can't log into this community using my Hughes info.

I leave Firefox out of it. I'm not gonna pollute my main browser with this nonsense since it's usually a pain to get back in as GW coming through the GS back door.
Amanda

GW - you shouldn't be presented with another log-in screen if you follow this process >

Click on myAccount
Click on Community

One of two pages should appear - the community home page or a message stating you need to verify your e-mail. If you see the community home page and there is no yellow bar saying you need to sign in (may appear briefly before disappearing) then you are logged in.

Are you using your HughesNet email address (the one with the dash in it) to log into the Support Center? If you get a login page after following those exact steps above, please send a screenshot that captures the login screen and address bar to communitysupport@hughes.com

Thanks
Amanda
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

" It sounds like they want everyone to eventually have to sign in using their HN credentials"
I get the impression they also want everyone who posts here to be a HN customer, which may work to cut down on trolling.
GW
Advanced Tutor

Amanda, it's a little different today. This is where I wound up after starting from the Hughes myAccount page in IE and then logging in to the COMMUNITY page with the Hughes email address you refer to. No idea which account ID will show as posting this but the screenshot is from the main page of the community. This is the first time I've ever been "gred" after logging in anywhere with my Hughes email ID

GW
Advanced Tutor

Ok, something's fixed but it still needs some work. I'm not greg at DSS747.

The difference prior to today was when logging in with Hughes email and password, my info popup would say Hello Gateswood and show my real SAN. Of course, I would also post as gateswood-ranch, as seen above
GW
Advanced Tutor

I still can't get to the community from the Hughes myAccount page using Chrome. When I use the COMMUNITY link it takes me to the community main page but I am not logged in . Using the Sign In link takes me around in circles but never to the skylogin page.

Chrome step 1

Chrome step 2 through step infinite

Not that it matters. I don't customarily use Chrome for anything Hughes except keep a modem tab open.
GW
Advanced Tutor

Are you using your HughesNet email address (the one with the dash in it) to log into the Support Center? If you get a login page after following those exact steps above, please send a screenshot that captures the login screen and address bar to communitysupport@hughes.com
Miss Amanda, I just sent the email to your attention. It has screenshots of the entire progression needed to get from my Hughes account page to the community.
Amanda

Hey GW

Thanks!! This is exactly what we are seeing on one of our accounts too. Good to know it is the same process. We've knocked one thing out - getting the login part working.. Now to send Greg and Barbara home.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I'm still Barbara in case anyone is wondering.  : )
Amanda

Thanks for the update Barb 🙂

edit: Shall we now call you "BarbDog"?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Ha, ha, berry funny.
GW
Advanced Tutor

I think Greg still wants to take Barbara for a ride in his DSS747. It's not a Boing but what the hey? Also not Air Force 1 so we'll just call it Hughes Net 1 🙂
GW
Advanced Tutor

Hey BirdDog. Are you still known as Barbara in your account? Me still aka Greg.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sadly, yes. Things sure work slowly in the engineering and developer world. Just glad it is something that is more irritating than a really serious problem. Still would like for it to get fixed.

Amanda says still being worked.