Hughesnet Community

Lied to at sign up! and I never signed a contract. "Show me Where I signed a contract".

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NateMargo2008
New Poster

Lied to at sign up! and I never signed a contract. "Show me Where I signed a contract".

We were never once told that there was a DATA LIMIT of 10GB my husband would have never said yes to this.  I just signed up yesterday and put one movie on for my kids and all ready at 90% usage.  Top this off they state I am in a 24 month contract.  I never signed any contract.  Can someone please send me proof and or verification that I signed a contract.  I want my phone conversation reviewed.  Im sure at some point it has been edited to thier likings.  This is beyond belief that we were only disclosed of the data limit when a receipt was sent to us.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hi NateMargo2008,

I've received the results of your sales call which does reflect your experience. We're absolutely open to waiving the commitment fee and helping in getting your account cancelled. Please see my private message for more information. You can find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Amanda

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"Top this off they state I am in a 24 month contract. I never signed any contract. Can someone please send me proof and or verification that I signed a contract"

With electronic services like Internet and cell phones, you sign the contract when you accept the offer made to you by the sales person and agree to begin the subscription and/or have equipment installed.  

So you did, indeed, sign a contract, only not with a pen.  You are actually bound by this contract, and it is legal. 

"By applying for or establishing an account with Hughes, you agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement."

http://legal.hughes.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Since you signed up yesterday, the mods should be able to pull your sales call to verify what was said by both parties, and whether the necessary expectations were set by the agent.  The mods work M-F, 9-5. 

Believe what you will, but the phone calls are not edited.  

There are no data limits. There are speed limits. When you stay within your data allowance, you have normal speed -- when you go over the allowance you signed up for, the speed is reduced considerably. 

@NateMargo2008 wrote:

We were never once told that there was a DATA LIMIT of 10GB my husband would have never said yes to this.  I just signed up yesterday and put one movie on for my kids and all ready at 90% usage.  Top this off they state I am in a 24 month contract.  I never signed any contract.  Can someone please send me proof and or verification that I signed a contract.  I want my phone conversation reviewed.  Im sure at some point it has been edited to thier likings.  This is beyond belief that we were only disclosed of the data limit when a receipt was sent to us.  

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@NateMargo2008

This section is for discussions about the Community itself, not HughesNet service.  

If you would like your sales call reviewed, you should request such in the myAccount and Billing section.  

Amanda

Hi NateMargo2008,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. I'm very sorry to hear you are not happy with the service and that it was not what you were expecting. I will request a sales call review and provide you the results of that review. 

Thank you,

Amanada

edit: Just noticed @maratsade provided the correct information about the subscriber agreement already. Thanks!

Amanda

Hi NateMargo2008,

I've received the results of your sales call which does reflect your experience. We're absolutely open to waiving the commitment fee and helping in getting your account cancelled. Please see my private message for more information. You can find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda

Hi NateMargo2008,

Just wanted to check in with you before the weekend arrived and see if you got my reply and private message. 

Thanks,

Amanda