cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Login timeout question

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Login timeout question

Thanks, @Liz . Not sure how a screen recording would be beneficial with this specific issue, because if I stay on the page I tend to stay logged in, and when I'm not on the page, I'm on other tabs doing other tasks that aren't related to the community site. 

Liz

Yeah I think it's just to get the clearest picture of what you're experiencing, but I think your description "More data" should be enough; at least it's enough for me. I'll keep you posted on your case updates.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning folks,

Thank you for your patience on this, we've confirmed that the source of the latest logout behavior is also not on the community side, but now that's both sides saying it's not their issue. LOL At this point I can only venture a guess that when we fixed the previous logout issue to ensure customers were securely being logged out of the system, this came with other unexpected side effects. 

I know from my experience, it changed too; when I'm signed into the community, but launch a community profile link from another site in a different tab, the community in that new tab is logged out (and logs me out from my initial logged in tab as well). And it only happens with community profiles. Weird.

While this is a minor annoyance, as maratsade said, I wish we could've pinpointed what's going on. Of course, should anything change drastically, please let us know so we can tackle it.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

A few things:

• See, now you've made the system paranoid. 
  • Since blame is being assigned, I would like to blame Century Link, on principle.
  • Wind turbines may also be responsible.
  • It's a minor, mild annoyance, nothing more. Speaking for myself, I'll live.  Smiley Happy
  • Thanks to you, Liz, and to whoever else looked into this. 
Liz

• Since blame is being assigned, I would like to blame Century Link, on principle.

XD LOLOL

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

@maratsade wrote:

They're like a utility blame rationale. Regardless of the actual problem, they usually will be the cause. So, you're not wrong.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Don't forget, there is always the possibility of Gremlins.  They haven't gone away.  They've just been quiet as of late.  πŸ€ͺ

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro