Hughesnet Community

Phone unreliable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goodbye

Phone unreliable

I got phone service with my internet package. The internet is not great, but the phone was really unreliable.  I could only receive or make about 50% of the time.  I am going to pay the insane ATT prices for a reliable land line.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Insane land line prices is right. I dropped my land line because of the ridiculous prices, and in my case, the equally ridiculous unreliability.  I take it your moblie phone doesn't work where you're at?  I've been using the mobile for years now, and even though it's not 100%  (my area seems to be allergic to progress), it's OK, though in a true emergency I may need to deploy flares.

@goodbye wrote:

I got phone service with my internet package. The internet is not great, but the phone was really unreliable.  I could only receive or make about 50% of the time.  I am going to pay the insane ATT prices for a reliable land line.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

Insane land line prices is right. I dropped my land line because of the ridiculous prices, and in my case, the equally ridiculous unreliability. 

I've kept my landline phone due to my cell phone not getting the best of reception and because of emergency services being much more reliable with a landline.  We do lose our electricity here on a semi regular basis due to it being an old system with a lot of tree lined roads, but the phone service has been very reliable, and amazingly so.  In the nearly fourteen years I've lived in this house I've only had the phone service go out once, and that was due to a storm.  I've no doubt a limb fell on the line somewhere, as it knocked out a number of people in the area.  

I do have a Tracfone, just in case, though I've only used their service for about 75 minutes of talk time in the nearly five years I've had it.  Heck, I've sent more texts than the number of minutes I've talked, and I only upgraded to a smart phone earlier this year.  😛